When will multi select of more than one note be implemented?

Primolak

Idea

I now use Evernote solely on my iPhone and iPad as I have moved to just using those devices for 90% of my work now.  Evernote, could be a large part of that as it has for the last many years.  However there is one feature that is causing a real sticking point in my organization with the application.  

Selecting more than one note at a time.

This is a feature that almost every single other PDF organization application has had implemented for years on iOS.  I can't quite understand why Evernote doesn't have it yet as it really hampers the power of the application imho.  Currently it is very difficult to move a bunch of notes in my 'inbox', if you will, to the correct Stack.  This is the biggest issue for me.  I might have 50 new items for a day that have been sent or scanned into Evernote, but then I have to process each one individually via tapping the note open, then tapping the stack it is currently held in, then scroll to the new stack, then select that and close the item.  Sounds like a small thing, but with MANY docs like most people on this forum have I would think, it is incredibly time consuming.  It would be so much easier to do what pretty much all the other PDF applications do and allow you to select MORE THAN ONE AT A TIME.  Seems like a simple thing and something that may have slipped through the cracks.  

This would also help with deletion, merging etc.  But more than anything MOVING the files to the correct spot.  Organization would be greatly simplified for the iOS user.

I hope that this is something that makes it in soon as I am slowly being forced to move to another application like PDF Expert, or Dropbox.  I may loose some features but gaining this one would be a large win.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

17 replies to this idea

Thanks for the response.  

Yes on iOS there is a header that can be tapped and you can then move the note, I said that but probably not clearly enough, haha.  However when doing it with many notes over and over, especially when they are being moved to the same place, it gets extremely frustrating.  On iOS many apps allow an edit button where you can then select multiple items and then choose what you want to do with ALL of the selected items.  How this is NOT in evernote baffles me. It is a tap to edit, then select each item, then move/delete/etc. and it is done.  Rather than note by note.

• Like 3

+1 Primolak. I too have moved to using iOS almost exclusively for my computing, and find it very slow to do any bulk organising in Evernote because of the inability to 1. Select multiple notes, 2. Modify them all together.

On the Mac this was straightforward and allowed moving to a new notebook, deleting or (what I really miss!) adding a new tag to all the selected notes.

This is probably the number one feature I'd like to see added to iOS Evernote, and would go a long way to sustaining Evernote's position as a powerful productivity app.

• Like 2
18 hours ago, djol said:

+1 Primolak. I too have moved to using iOS almost exclusively for my computing, and find it very slow to do any bulk organising in Evernote because of the inability to 1. Select multiple notes, 2. Modify them all together.

On the Mac this was straightforward and allowed moving to a new notebook, deleting or (what I really miss!) adding a new tag to all the selected notes.

This is probably the number one feature I'd like to see added to iOS Evernote, and would go a long way to sustaining Evernote's position as a powerful productivity app.

Same for me.  Sadly it doesn't seem like this is something that they are interested in adding/fixing.  I don't really think that it would be that large a deal as so many other applications have it implemented already and have from the start.  I imagine they would have already done it if they were going to, however I will continue to hold out hope!

• Sad 1

Wanted to throw in my $0.02 here. I use EN on the iPad Pro as one of my primary work and productivity tools, and the ability to select multiple notes in a given list would be a tremendous time saver in terms of tagging, organizing, moving, and deleting. 

Please, please, please support your iOS power users!

• Like 1
  • Level 5*

Hi.  Are you able to move individual notes easily?  In Android we have a notebook icon in the note header which can be tapped to show a list of notebooks so the note can be 'moved' by changing it's assigned notebook.  There's no way (that I can see) however to multi-select in the same way as on desktop,  or to delete / move / merge by bulk-selecting.  (If you have access to the 'old' version of Evernote Web I believe it is possible there.)

If you feel that moving notes one-by-one is not sufficient,  then this may be the first request Evernote have had for that feature in iOS.  The more votes you can acquire the better.  I'll add one on the basis that any iOS development will eventually find its way to Android!

• Like 1
  • Level 5*
14 minutes ago, Primolak said:

I imagine they would have already done it if they were going to, however I will continue to hold out hope!

I don't know of Evernote's priority list or work schedule,
however you can influence the priorities by adding your vote to this request
The voting buttons are in the upper left corner, and the vote count is currently Screen Shot 2016-11-12 at 8.41.17 AM.png

22 minutes ago, DTLow said:

I don't know of Evernote's priority list or work schedule,
however you can influence the priorities by adding your vote to this request
The voting buttons are in the upper left corner, and the vote count is currently Screen Shot 2016-11-12 at 8.41.17 AM.png

Indeed.  I did vote, first I think!  Ha.

I was hoping the count would grow but it doesn't really seem to be.  Ha.

• Level 5

Since this probably would mean a complete rebuild of the mobile app (another one ...), I doubt that this will be implemented.

For me it would be a good first step if EN could be opened with 2 sessions in split view, allowing to work on a note in one window, and doing research in my note base in the other. Currently I need to use another note taking app in one window to be able to research EN in the other.

Multiple select and move of notes can be done on iOS 11.

Use iOS 11 standard multi-select gesture:

1. Tap and hold a note until it ‘pops out’;

2. Move the note a bit (do not release); an icon should appear on the top-right corner of the note you’re dragging.

3. Tap to select additional notes on the list. (Now you should have a stack of notes under your finger. An icon indicates the number of notes in the stack.)

Move to another notebook:

1. Drag the stack of notes to the green arrow (near top-left corner) to bring up the list of notebooks.

2. Drop the notes to the desired notebook.

This works on my iPad Pro.

• Thanks 1
On 1/21/2018 at 3:30 AM, dysonlu said:

Multiple select and move of notes can be done on iOS 11.

Use iOS 11 standard multi-select gesture:

1. Tap and hold a note until it ‘pops out’;

2. Move the note a bit (do not release); an icon should appear on the top-right corner of the note you’re dragging.

3. Tap to select additional notes on the list. (Now you should have a stack of notes under your finger. An icon indicates the number of notes in the stack.)

Move to another notebook:

1. Drag the stack of notes to the green arrow (near top-left corner) to bring up the list of notebooks.

2. Drop the notes to the desired notebook.

This works on my iPad Pro.

Yes, this works well. I only wish you could use the multi-select to quickly select tags for all the affected notes. I organize mostly with tags, not notebooks.

• Level 5*
17 hours ago, Gerwin said:

Just want to mention there is actually an app called MoveEver that lets you select multiple notes, and tag and move them quite easily.

It would be helpful if you can provide a link.  I can not locate this app.

Edit: I found this https://www.appdecide.com/app/ios/moveever-for-evernote/537026485/

Not available in my country