How to order notebook stacks in windows

How can I order my notebook stacks in the windows desktop app?  I've tried renaming the stacks, thinking that they're alphabetical, but the order didn't change.  I've tried dragging, but nothing changes about the order.  I searched help but found nothing, only about how to sort notes within a notebook.  Can't even find anything about how to sort notebooks within a notebook stack.

• Level 5*

The order should be alphabetical

I also understand its a Windows feature that for re-ordering to take place you must completely exit from the app (don't just close the window)

• Level 5*

Yup.  Stacks (and separate notebooks if you have 'em) sort into one alphabetic list with some 'special' characters coming first - "! Inbox" puts that at the top forinstance.  But File > Exit to jump start the sort.

• 8 months later...

I understand this topic is ages long, but I was just facing the same issue a few minutes ago, and managed to "solve it" by numbering my notebooks/stacks. Numbers precede letters in the Windows client algorithm, apparently.

Nevertheless, I can't stress enough how annoying it is to be unable to simply drag and drop notebooks to sort them according to my preference. Seems like a core organizational feature to be able to allocate things as you see fit... 

• Level 5*
On 2017-07-10 at 오후 5시 46분, RDAbreu said:

Nevertheless, I can't stress enough how annoying it is to be unable to simply drag and drop notebooks to sort them according to my preference.

Not an inssue for me, but I could always create shortcuts to the notebooks and sort them according to my preference

• 1 year later...

Can be challenging to get the Stack list sorted to view the same across desktop, web, and Android access. Found the Web didn't sort the same way the Windows /MAC app does.

Here's what is currently showing consistent sorting across all platforms so far. Places the inbox at the top, then a numerical section, and then finally an Alpha section.

*** Stack names

._0[Inbox]
._1[Numerical section 1-x]
A-[Alpha section A-Z]

W.

Archived