How to send webpage to specific notebook on iPad?

• Level 5*
33 minutes ago, brettr2 said:

On the iPad, when I select to send a webpage and choose Evernote, how do I set a default, nested notebook for the webpage note to be created in?  

Currently, it seems to only allow for a top node notebook.

Evernote does not have Notebook hierarchy; there is no "nested notebook" "top node Notebook"

• Level 5*
1 minute ago, brettr2 said:

Yes - there is.

No there isn't

We could go at this all day.

The best you can do hierarchically is to group notebooks under a stack

• Level 5*
12 minutes ago, brettr2 said:

Terminology. When you click a stack, it shows all the notes in it.

Either way, to revise the question, is there a way to default the iPad to a notebook within a stack?

When you save a webpage, you get a box allowing you to select the Notebook
The default notebook is shown, which is specified in settings

Notebook names are unique.  A notebook may be included in a stack, but its not a requirement

IMG_1413.jpgIMG_1414.jpg

It isn't letting me drill down into the stack. All of the stack (or root) notebooks display from your screenshot. Once I click a stack, that's as far as I can go. I can't get to a notebook within the stack.

Do you have some suggestions?

• Level 5*
8 minutes ago, brettr2 said:

It isn't letting me drill down into the stack. All of the stack (or root) notebooks display from your screenshot.

No - the stacks are not displayed; you only see the list of notebooksIMG_1413.jpg

There is no such thing as a root notebook

You select a notebook for your note

The notebook may or may not be collected in a stack

Its seems stacks are displayed. For example, I have a stack called Entrepreneurship. There are notes/notebooks within it. I see Entrepreneurship when I select a default notebook. I'm really after a notebook in the Entrepreneurship stack called Resources. I also see this one and can select it for the default.

When selecting a default notebook, everything is flat so it is difficult to tell which stack a notebook is coming from. Or, does every notebook have to be uniquely named?

• Level 5*
23 minutes ago, brettr2 said:

Or, does every notebook have to be uniquely named?

Yes. Doesn't matter whether notebooks are in different stacks, they must be uniquely named in your account.

On the notion that a stack is a notebook, DTLow is entirely correct. Stacks contain notebooks only, not notes; you cannot put a note into a stack. Notes are only stored in notebooks. Notebooks may belong to 0 or 1 stacks, but a note always belongs to exactly one notebook. And notebooks do not contain either notebooks or stacks. In Evernote, stacks are a convenience for grouping notebooks, and some Evernote clients allow you to limit the scope of a search to a stack in the same what that you can limit it to a notebook, but beyond that, stacks have little intrinsic functionality.

• Level 5*
3 hours ago, brettr2 said:

Terminology. When you click a stack, it shows all the notes in it.

You are seeing all the notes from the notebooks collected in the Stack

2 hours ago, brettr2 said:

Its seems stacks are displayed. For example, I have a stack called Entrepreneurship. There are notes/notebooks within it. I see Entrepreneurship when I select a default notebook. I'm really after a notebook in the Entrepreneurship stack called Resources. I also see this one and can select it for the default.

Can you post screenshots
I see no Stacks on the Select Notebooks pages

Did you create a Notebook and use the same name as a Stack (Entrepreneurship)?  That could get confusing

Archived