iOS 10 Widget should be able to hide notes AREA.

Daniel W. Kim

Idea

Hi,

I usually use evernote widget for fast note taking or searching.

Moreover, notes can contain private information, so I don't want any note contents to be displayed in widget.

I chose to turn off "Show Notes in Widget / iMessage", but the "Recently viewed notes will appear here" area showed up.

I think this area looks ugly.

The area in the widget screen is important asset: unnecessary area of one widget can hide part of another widget and it requires (otherwise unnecessary) user scroll when s/he attempts to use this widget, which obstructs fast full-filling of the user need.

File_000.png

9 replies to this idea

Daniel Kim,

I do use threat feature "area" but I can certainly appreciate the desire to hide (toggle it on or off) to promote information security. 

Now you have me wondering what I will see in that area where I have encrypted select information within notes. 

On 10/25/2016 at 8:27 AM, gazumped said:

Hi.  I don't use iOS,  but there are a range of Android widgets (well 3,  anyway) - do you have any alternatives you could try?

Hi. Sorry for late response.

I have checked all menu items and widgets pallette (what do they call this? "Add widgets" screen?), and I couldn't find any alternative form of widget.

In iOS, app makers provide their own widgets, we can not choose among various widgets (from various makers) for a certain purpose.

On 10/26/2016 at 8:54 PM, macneilpi said:

Daniel Kim,

I do use threat feature "area" but I can certainly appreciate the desire to hide (toggle it on or off) to promote information security. 

Now you have me wondering what I will see in that area where I have encrypted select information within notes. 

Hi. What do you mean by "encrypted select information"?

• Level 5*
50 minutes ago, Daniel W. Kim said:

In iOS, app makers provide their own widgets, we can not choose among various widgets (from various makers) for a certain purpose.

Hi.  I didn't mean to suggest that there options for widgets outside of Evernote's offering,  but there are three Evernote widgets in Android.  SInce you mention the topic though... there is at least one general-purpose widget that might suit - https://ifttt.com/products/do/button - it's possible to create a single purpose 'do' button for a variety of apps.  :)

7 minutes ago, gazumped said:

... there are three Evernote widgets in Android. 

...  there is at least one general-purpose widget that might suit - https://ifttt.com/products/do/button - it's possible to create a single purpose 'do' button for a variety of apps.  :)

Yep. There is only one widget in iOS :(

I'll try IFTTT and other automation apps. Thank you for the suggestion :)

• Level 5*
On 2016-10-24 at 2:47 AM, Daniel W. Kim said:

I chose to turn off "Show Notes in Widget / iMessage", but the "Recently viewed notes will appear here" area showed up.

1 hour ago, gazumped said:

there is at least one general-purpose widget that might suit - https://ifttt.com/products/do/button - it's possible to create a single purpose 'do' button for a variety of apps.  :)

There are other solutions.
For example FastEver. It doesn't have all the note type options in the widget, but it does have insert timestamp and checkbox features

I upvoted the request
I turned off the display notes feature,
- I don't need randomly selected notes appearing
and the space is just wasted and ugly with the message

On ‎02‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 10:18 AM, Daniel W. Kim said:

Hi. What do you mean by "encrypted select information"?

I have some notes that contain login information or account numbers so I encrypt those entries within those notes.

Archived