Ability to bypass Evernote browser window.

michael.freidgeim

Idea

When I am clicking link in Evernote, an internal Evernote browser window is opened.
I never understood, what the benefits to have it compare to full browser (safari or chrome).
But it has disadvantages, because it doesn't support multiple tabs and you need to close it before returning to your note. 
In most of cases I have to wait until page is opened in Evernote browser window and then open it in Safary - useless waste of time.
it also doesn't support search in file.

Is it possible to add to IPad Evernote options setting to Bypass  Evernote browser window (true/false)?
I believe, that most of the users will be happy if by default it will be true(I.e. Open safari directly).

I also suggest ( even know that you will disagree with this) to completely remove Evernote Browser window and open real browser directly. Current Browsers( Safary and Chrome) have buttons "Return to caller" and it will be sufficient for users. Do not waste your developers time to maintained the Browser window and allow them to concentrate on other functionality.

3 replies to this idea

Thinking the same for MacOS. Why not offering in the Evernote settings of the Mac client an option to use the browser which is defined as standard browser (like Safari, Firefox, Chrome)?

Works under Windows so why not under MacOS?

• Level 5*
4 minutes ago, mopperle said:

Thinking the same for MacOS. Why not offering in the Evernote settings of the Mac client an option to use the browser which is defined as standard browser (like Safari, Firefox, Chrome)?

Works under Windows so why not under MacOS?

It's possible to open a note in

• the installed Evernote app window
  • an individual window for that note

- in both cases the full range of editing tools will be available and the content will be saved back to the local copy of the database.

It's also possible to open a note by using the URL of the server copy of that note.  For the most part editing is not possible,  but any changes would be saved back online to the server.

The distinction between the local and the server version seems quite clear to me,  and it seems to me the developers would have to invest in quite a lot more work to try and display notes from the local database in a browser window.

Maybe I'm missing a point.  :huh:

• Level 5*
47 minutes ago, mopperle said:

Why not offering in the Evernote settings of the Mac client an option to use the browser which is defined as standard browser (like Safari, Firefox, Chrome)?

On my Mac, when I click on a link (https://....) the Safari browser is launched

I wasn't even aware there's a Mac internal Evernote browser.  I thought it was an iOS thing

Archived