• Announcements

• gbarry

Reach out to Evernote support on Twitter @EvernoteHelps   09/20/2016

We've been leveling up our support across all channels. If you're active on Twitter, try your hand with our @evernotehelps feed. It's helmed by a crack team out of Austin, TX who are here to answer your questions. They're generally active from 7am-4pm CST.  https://twitter.com/evernotehelps  
Rohit Verma

Use Student Discount and Merge with Existing Evernote Account

Rohit Verma    0

Hi - I have been an Evernote Basic User for many years.  I recently became a student and want to upgrade to Evernote Premium.  But I don't want to create a separate Evernote account since I already have my Basic account with all my notes.  Is there a way to apply my .edu address and Premium discount to my current account?

gazumped    5,784

Haven't tried the student sign-up process for myself,  but I'd be surprised if it didn't offer an opportunity to sign in with an existing account as well as registering a new one.  Why don't you go through the process as far as you can get without actually paying to see what it needs?

amanda_h    284

Hi @Rohit Verma,

To take advantage of the Back to School offer, follow these steps:

1. Go to the offer page and sign in to your existing Basic Evernote account.

2. Enter your eligible school email address. You will be sent an email verification.

3. Click the verification link in the email sent to the address you entered and complete the check-out process by October 31st, 2016.

Please note: Your school email address does not have to be the primary email address on your Evernote account. If you already have an Evernote account using a different email address, you can apply this offer to that account and the only communication we’ll send to your school email address is the verification email.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Barby    1

Hi Amanda, 

I received the link today in my school email (not Evernote email) and would like to purchase the premium upgrade with the student discount (any discount for that matter). Could you help me out? Thank you in advance for your time and help!

Barbara

Evernote_Barbara_StudentDiscount.png

amanda_h    284

Hey @Barby - I verified your account was eligible for the Back to School promotion prior to the promo ending and have messaged you a link so you can take advantage of the offer, let me know if you have any questions!

Allikoko    0

Hello,

I just made a basic account with gmail email and then saw the student promo for 50% off. I would like to take advantage of this offer with my utoronto.ca email. Can you please assist me in navigating to this goal? I would so appreciate the help! Have so much on my plate to get organized that my brain needs this application and all the help support. LOL

Thanks,

Rohit Verma    0

I ended up signing up for the student promo.  But since Evernote won't apply a student discount to your regular account, I exported all my notes using the desktop app, created the new student account, and then imported my notes into the new account.  

DTLow    2,238
19 hours ago, Allikoko said:

I just made a basic account with gmail email and then saw the student promo for 50% off. I would like to take advantage of this offer with my utoronto.ca email. Can you please assist me in navigating to this goal? I would so appreciate the help! Have so much on my plate to get organized that my brain needs this application and all the help support. 

Why not create the new account and transfer your notes from the Basic account 

@Rohit Verma suggested export/import, or you could use shared notebooks to transfer your notes

Ellen G    51
On 10/25/2016 at 2:58 PM, amanda_h said:

To take advantage of the Back to School offer, follow these steps:

1. Go to the offer page and sign in to your existing Basic Evernote account.

2. Enter your eligible school email address. You will be sent an email verification.

3. Click the verification link in the email sent to the address you entered and complete the check-out process by October 31st, 2016.

Please note: Your school email address does not have to be the primary email address on your Evernote account. If you already have an Evernote account using a different email address, you can apply this offer to that account and the only communication we’ll send to your school email address is the verification email.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Hey all, just a quick reminder. The student offer does not need to be applied to an account with your student email, but you do need to have access to the approved student email to complete the steps to redeem it. Let me know if you have any questions! 

• Like 1

evernotedvc    1

Hello - I keep getting the same error when I try to upgrade my current account to a 50% discounted premium account as a student.  Keep getting the error below.  Appreciate help from an employee who might be able to give some advice so I can purchase your product.

Evernote Service is unavailable

Possible reasons:

• We may be performing regular system maintenance (typically Wednesday evenings, US Pacific time)
  • We may be experiencing unexpected problems that require a brief outage
In either case, we are working to restore access to the Evernote Service as quickly as possible.
Desktop versions of Evernote will continue to work, but will be unable to sync until service is restored.
This page will automatically reload every 60 seconds

Ellen G    51

Hi @evernotedvc! Apologies for the delay, we're a bit backed up on our support team. I've opened a ticket for you to look into this further. Please be on the lookout for an email from me. 

@advorkin If you're still having the same issue, please reply back to me and I can further assist. However, it does look like you were eventually able to get the offer to work. I am sorry I was not able to reach out sooner.