Evernote for iOS 7.18 Released

cifip

Idea

• Level 5

Hi all,

We released Evernote for iOS 7.18 earlier today.

Edit: We released 7.18.1 on Tuesday, 10/25, to fix a China log in issue.

This release fixes our top crasher and a few bugs.

7.18 Notable fixes and improvements:

• Local PDF thumbnail generation caused a crash
    • When in a note list, if a PDF thumbnail was not provided by the server, we tried to generate a thumbnail on the fly. This stopped working as expected in iOS 10, so we stopped trying to do that.
    • We now will retrieve the service-based thumbnail, and when we can't get one you'll see the PDF icon instead.
    • If you mark-up a PDF (Premium feature) offline, we'll update the thumbnail once you're back online.
    • We'll look for ways to improve this in the future.
  • Additional improvements
    • Fixed an issue where the nav bar goes blank on entering note edit mode after searching within a note
    • Fixed an issue where note editor margins jump when viewing a note

You can download the Evernote for iOS app from the App Store.

As always, please let us know what you think.

Cheers!

10 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

I am only getting "Recently viewed notes will appear here" when using the iMessage app.

It works fine with the EN beta, but of course that cannot be used unless the iMessage recepient is also on the beta.

Any suggestions?

There are notes which can't be reloaded or refreshed to the latest version in iOS app (my Evernote is v7.18.1 with iPhone SE / iOS 10.1). When I update a note in Mac version (6.9.2), it is successfully synced to the cloud (as in the web version) but in iOS app it sometimes stays the previous or much older version (the app shows it has successfully synced). To ensure I get the latest note, I have to update the note in Mac once more (say by adding space or a word), and the iOS app can respond correctly under this circumstance.

By updating notes in iOS, there are no problems in Mac.

I have deleted both apps and reinstalled, and the problem still exists sometimes.

• Level 5*

It was reported earlier in the thread, but typing into EN on the iPad with this release is slow to the point of unusable.  No such issues on the iPhone version.  This being addressed in the next release?

Archived