Merge notes in Evernote Web

lhotzky

Idea

It would be great, if the feature of "merge notes" could be implemented in Evernote Web.

I am premium user and work with a Linux system (Manjaro, an Arch derivative). Evernote did not supply a Linux client yet, so I am obliged to work mostly with the Web version. And it is really boring to miss such key features.

Kind regards,

Kurt

• Like 1

8 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

Hi.  If you set up your account more than a couple of months ago,  you'll be able to go back to the 'old' web client via Settings.  Ctrl-click more than one note and you'll see the pop-up to merge (amongst other things).  Evernote haven't gotten around to implementing that in the new version yet...

Hi, I agree with Ihotzky that feature is hardly missing. I was Premium user for 4 years, actually I stopped paying because I really feel that Evernote is suffering a lot of good features. The development is too slow. I think they should change the focus to a browser version instead of having the local install.

kind regards

Alf

• Level 5*
On 17/04/2017 at 10:40 PM, jenna.esgi said:

i have been using evernote for years and can merge notes online.  i had to create a new account for another use.  so, to clarify, can i NOT merge notes in the new account??

thanks

frustrated.

As a long-time customer you'll have the ability to stick with,  or switch back and forth between,  the 'old' and the 'new' versions of the Evernote web client.  The old version merges,  the new one (which is pretty much a neglected beta) won't.  For reasons best known to themselves,  Evernote restricted new customers accounts from about August last year to the new the web account UI.  They can't switch back,  and they can't merge.  The desktop version does both as I'm sure you know.

There was some talk of Evernote redesigning the web client (again) to relaunch 'early next year' (meaning now) but we've seen nothing yet.  You may get a solution soon,  but Evernote don't (normally) comment on upcoming launches.  :(

• Like 1

Came on here to post exactly this. As a long-time user I keep pushing the use "new" web interface button.. only to find I know can't multiple select or merge notes.  The "new" version seems like a big step backwards.  I am fortunate in being able to switch back to the original view as I can't stand the new.

• Level 5*
On 9/8/2020 at 12:18 AM, reed_h said:

Does this still work?  That is, is it still possible to merge notes while working in Evernote on the web?  I rolled back to the prior version and still couldn't select multiple notes (to merge).

There have been several versions of the web client,  and this 3-year-old thread is talking about one of the older ones. I don't recall being able to merge notes there for quite some time.  

How to merge multiple notes into a single note