[bug] Cannot de-indent at end of note

Klaus

Idea

At the end of a note which I had previously edited on both desktop client and iOS client, I suddenly can no longer de-indent using the "decrease indent" button.

It is still possible to change the indentation at this position when using the desktop client. 

IMG_0487.png

5 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

Hi.  Assuming that your desktop is a Mac,  you should find that this has already been addressed and will be resolved in the next update.  In some cases edits carried out on one device were not editable on another - hence your current problem.  After a long development Evernote have been rolling out a 'common editor' to all devices.  iOS currently has this as of its recent updates.  Mac is just about (I believe) to follow suit.  At which point iOS and Mac will use the same edit codes and (should) be completely compatible.

I am using the Windows desktop version. I am downloading the 6.3 update right now (I suppose I accidentially skipped the last one, when the popup came at an inopportune time). No idea, if the problem was known for the Windows-version too. 

Mac desktop client Version 6.10 (454267 Direct) still has unremovable indentation issues when working with indented text from existing notes, or copied indented text from existing notes.

Exporting as html, it looks like un-removable indents use:

<div style="margin-left:40px;">

and removable indents use:

<blockquote style="margin: 0 0 0 40px; border: none; padding: 0px;"><div>

but that was just from a quick test example, and now I need to get back to work...

Hello,

Just to say that I have the "unable to de-indent" bug here as well. It's a the beginning of a note (Evernote 7.1 OSX).

It's really annoying. I tried everything I could think of, the indent stays on top of the note. The only way to remove it is the "Make Plain Text" function, but it applies to the whole note.

Best

Archived