BrianZB

Copy Paste from Word to Evernote Looses all Formatting

Idea

Dear Evernote,

I absolutely love your product; however, after a recent update my ability to copy paste from word to Evernote has been compromised.  When I copy from word and paste into Evernote I lose all the formatting, specifically bullet points and sub bullet points.   Can you please help?!

12 replies to this idea

Which Evernote client are you using? Windows? Mac?

I have the same problem. Mac client and using Outlook for Mac 2016 (newest update).

When pasting from Google Docs, bullets are inserted but for some reason, Evernote adds more spacing between the bullets

Folks have been asking Evernote to address this for over 3+ years.  I think the Jefito also explained well in the thread below why this could happen between MS and EN.  That being said, as an end user, it's still pretty frustrating that this can't be either a feature request or bug to be fixed.  The problem also occurs coping from Evernote into Microsoft as well.  Only have used on Windows if that helps.

I am using Windows Word and simply trying to paste into Evernote and the formatting goes to complete sht.  How is this even possible?  It is only after this recent update too

I'm frustrated by the same thing. Why does the formatting come through in the online version but not in the desktop version when you're copying a bulleted list from Work into EN? 

same!! but a few days ago, it's ok. but today however i try, all formats disappear when copying from word.

I have posted a new request to "Change text size for selected text in an individual note" to consolidate this and similar requests into one request.
PLEASE copy this request name, search for it in the Evernote Home Page, and vote for it by clicking the up arrow in front of the request. Maybe we can get the Evernote teams attention. 

1 hour ago, Dave.Robinson16@Gmail.com said:

PLEASE copy this request name, search for it in the Evernote Home Page

You can post a link to your new post as per the example below
Use the link icon 597cd3ac7cf51_ScreenShot2017-07-29at11_26_44.png.867238e1124d276f60770f44e1fad316.pngto retrieve the url for your post

Also, you might consider changing your display name.  These are public forums and subject to scannining by data mining bots

Dear Evernote, when i paste on my Mac from Evernote to Outlook 2016 mac, the hyphens turn into Euro symbols.  what am I doing wrong, its basic functionality, you need to get this right.

Hello all, I had exactly the same issue. But later on I found out that we can get around this problem by "selecting & dragging" the source file into your EN's editing page instead of "selecting +copy & paste". 

cheers,

zheng

Copying from Evernote to Outlook: The most annoying thing is that even the bulletpoint hierarchy is lost, flattens out the list with spaces.

Pasting text and loosing formatting (code syntax highlighting) in Evernote has annoyed me for years.

So today I decided to try this out and it worked nicely:

In Windows 10 click on the "Search Icon"  and type “(MS product name here)” into the search box. Alternatively, click/tap on the microphone icon in Cortana’s search field and say “Launch (MS product name here)”.

Press Ctrl+v to copy the text into a new note.  It will paste the text with its current formatting!!