REQUEST: Access to current members in Evernote Business for quicker sharing of notebooks

Carl-Henrik Buschmann

Idea

I have an Evernote Business account with 10 members, students. I need to create notebooks for each student for one-to-one communication between teacher (me) and student.  When i try to share a notebook with one or more students i have to manually type their email adress to invite them, they do not appear automatically. I want to have access to the people on the "team" so that a simple search yeilds the person in question.

3 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

Hi.  Haven't tried this on a Business account,  but when I needed to share notebooks with varying levels of access in Premium,  I simply saved the index of names and email addresses in a note so I could easily find and connect with any single individual. 

Where a group needed access to a notebook,  I'd save a 'mailing list'  of <email address 1>,<email address 2>,<email address 3> etc... as one long string of text,  then copy and paste that into the share-to email box in one hit.  Evernote was able to parse the various individuals from my string.

• Level 5*

This doesn't really satisfy your request which I agree is a valid one (I upvoted it), but a sort-of-workaround is that you can go to your Business Home screen (i.e. click on the name of your business in the left-hand nav pane) and click on "People".  From there you can do two things: gain easy access to their email addresses, and click on "Invite to Notebooks" and share a notebook with them that way, which doesn't require typing their email addresses.

Archived