Keyboard Shorcut for Closing the "Find Within Note" Bar

Is there a keyboard shortcut for closing the "Find within note" search bar?

If the cursor is still in the search bar, ESC will close it. But if my cursor is back in the note, then I believe there is no keyboard shortcut for closing the bar. I'd love a keyboard shortcut to close if such a shortcut is a trivially easy feature to add, i.e. devoting resources to it has a negligible impact on fixing editor bugs. :)

(I would prefer 0.1% progress on bug fixing over having this new feature work perfectly.)

• Level 5*
11 hours ago, WeCanLearnAnything said:

Is there a keyboard shortcut for closing the "Find within note" search bar?

If the cursor is still in the search bar, ESC will close it. But if my cursor is back in the note, then I believe there is no keyboard shortcut for closing the bar. I'd love a keyboard shortcut to close if such a shortcut is a trivially easy feature to add, i.e. devoting resources to it has a negligible impact on fixing editor bugs. :)

(I would prefer 0.1% progress on bug fixing over having this new feature work perfectly.)

You can just press Ctrl+F again and then press ESC

3 hours ago, WeCanLearnAnything said:

That works. Thanks!

I spoke to soon.

Your keyboard shortcuts cause an instance of what I will now call Random Cursor Leap.

That is, CTRL+F then ESC causes my cursor to leap all the way to the top of the note, which, of course, means the note scrolls all the way to the top (and occasionally to other locations).

This completely negates the function of "Find text in note"...

In my request for a keyboard shortcut, I found another bug that needs to be fixed.  :(

Archived