Big chunks of data vanished from multiple notebooks!

Lek

Recently I noticed that Big chunks of data just vanished from the thin air from many of my notebooks on evernote.

It is not a problem with a particular platform as I am using evernote over the Web, evernote on Android, evernote on Mac, I am convinced that there is a problem when my data was syncing to the  cloud, something must have malfunctioned.

As I take notes a LOT, what happened to me is such a disappointment. Just wondering whether someone also experience such issues before, and if yes, how did you fix it? Or anyone know any better alternatives to evernote?

Many thanks.

• Level 5*

Hi.  Google Keep and Onenote are usually quoted as the main alternatives,  though a quick web search will find loads more.  What you find best kinda depends on your specific use case.  See

And https://www.quora.com/What-is-a-good-alternative-to-Evernote

As to your specific query,  as it crosses several devices and OS's,  I'd suggest your best option is to contact support directly if you can,  or message them on Twitter

• Level 5*
On 10/13/2016 at 0:22 AM, Lek said:

Recently I noticed that Big chunks of data just vanished from the thin air from many of my notebooks on evernote.

Is the problem that you're seeing related to this Mac issue? 

• Level 5*
On 2016-10-12 at 21:22, Lek said:

It is not a problem with a particular platform as I am using evernote over the Web, evernote on Android, evernote on Mac, I am convinced that there is a problem when my data was syncing to the  cloud, something must have malfunctioned.

As I take notes a LOT, what happened to me is such a disappointment. Just wondering whether someone also experience such issues before, and if yes, how did you fix it? 

Can you provide details on the "big chunks"

Usually, if its notes being deleted, they go to the Trash Notebook

aaa: Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet
bbb: Incidunt expedita voluptates
ccc: consectetur adipisicing elit
ddd: nulla accusamus atque totam
eee: nulla accusamus atque totam
fff: loremlipsum
ggg: provident consequaturcorporis
hhh: loremlipsum
iii: molestiaeliberoquod
jjj: suscipit nobis nesciunt
kkk: quibusdam dicta accusantium
mmm: deleniti aut obcaecati

to 

aaa: Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet
:
ccc: 
ddd: 
eee: nulla accusamus atque totam
fff:
: provident consequaturcorporis
hhh:
: molestiaeliberoquod
: suscipit nobis nesciunt
: quibusdam dicta accusantium
mmm: deleniti aut obcaecati

• Level 5*
5 hours ago, Lek said:

to 

Am I seeing a scrambled list problem

fwiw   There's a bug reported by the beta testers at 

Note: if a note gets corrupted on the one  platform, the sync process will replicate the error on each device

Archived