Location info not found

Hello @Khom Monirath,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the forums. Since the location of the note isn't being registered, there are a couple of places I would check.

1. Please make sure the location settings (GPS) is enabled for high accuracy on your Android device. This can be found by going to your Settings application in your app drawer
  2. Evernote has it's own application settings found inside of the app.
    1. To access them, please tap on the three dots in the top right corner
    2. Select Settings > Notes
    3. Make sure the location settings is checked on this screen

Please let me know if you have any further questions and hope this helps!

Hello , 

I am experiences using Evernote almost 4 years

1- I am sure the GPS is enabled 
2- Location Setting is checked. 

It might not from any setting from my phone because my team Evernote also happen like this the same. 
Please help because is very important for my daily job. 

Thank you. 

Hello Matt W. 

Thank for your asking.

1- I am using Evernote Application on OSX El Capitan , now the location also not working too while last time when I created note in my computer it will allow me to get the current location by my Mac GPS. 

2- My staff is using Evernote Application on Window 8 & Window 7 , normally the location need to set manually while we create note in computer by preferring to pass Latitude and Longitude. It is nothing change in Window.

I have noticed that this happen while Evernote need to catch the current location from internet. 

Location is very important for me as I am the Real Estate Agency. 

Thank again for trying to find us the solution.

See my attach file. 

Screen Shot 2016-10-14 at 8.22.48 AM.png

Evernote.jpg

• Level 5

I just want to report that I also do not see location information in my notes, either on my Android phone or in the Evernote Windows program. This is true of notes created on the phone, and of notes created on my computer. On my phone, I do have the location settings checked in Evernote's Settings > Notes; and the location setting of the phone itself is enabled for high accuracy. I'm in the United States.

• Level 5*

fwiw   I can report that location works on my Mac and iPad - location Victoria, Canada

I have to remember to set the location if I don't manually create a note; for example IFTTT, scripts

• Level 5
10 hours ago, Khom Monirath said:

Concerning to this Location info not found, on my Android Setting at Location Request I noticed that also not see Evernote anymore.

The same is true for me. I don't check this often (actually, I never check it), so I don't know whether Evernote ever did show up here.

Hi , any more help and take the customer easier than this ? We stay in difference time zone that take more time to question and answer while I have detailed you the problem already. You build the application, you know the problem report from customer but i never fell when i can get the solution time. My trust to Evernote is less than from day to day. 

You know everyday I am selling the Real Estate Management Software to all Real Estate Companies in Cambodia and those agents is recommended to use Evernote Application while it has Location is very important. If you don't fix this on time so I am going to recommend some other substitute applications even we have to pay the same. 

• 1 month later...

On 10/17/2016 at 7:32 AM, Khom Monirath said:

Hi , any more help and take the customer easier than this ? We stay in difference time zone that take more time to question and answer while I have detailed you the problem already. You build the application, you know the problem report from customer but i never fell when i can get the solution time. My trust to Evernote is less than from day to day. 

You know everyday I am selling the Real Estate Management Software to all Real Estate Companies in Cambodia and those agents is recommended to use Evernote Application while it has Location is very important. If you don't fix this on time so I am going to recommend some other substitute applications even we have to pay the same. 

Was there any update to this? 

Now I found the solution of Location info not found !!

1-Go to https://evernote.en.uptodown.com/android/old and download Evernote Version 7.2 ( .apk ) 
2- Uninstall the lasted update of Evernote because its Set Location in this Version is not working. 

3- Install the .apk that you just download. 

4- Go to Playstore and disable the Automatic Update until the latest version of Evernote fix the Set Location 

• 3 months later...
  • Level 5*

Hmmn.  Noticed that my location showed up as Lat/ Long - until I clicked it to copy it,  then it reset to my actual location.  When I open the location to check,  it reverts back to lat/ long.  Interesting...

Tried to check the location in Google Maps and fell over their geolocation service which includes https://www.gps-coordinates.net/gps-coordinates-converter

Haven't found a use for any of that yet,  but the website says you can create your own maps with your own locations...  Hmmn...

• 1 year later...

I have this issue as well. I primarily only use Evernote when connected to wifi on my android phone.

Solution idea: If Location info not found, when the user taps it, the app sends a request to turn on GPS and then get the data again. I feel this might work bc I use Automate to solve similar GPS problems. 

Archived