Auto Tagging - Public Notes/Note Books

frogdude

Idea

I usually add a tag "public" every time I make a note public 

I can then go through and prune public links every now and again.

Would love this to be automated. So I could automatically see which notes were potentially viewed or shared by others.

Colour coding would be ideal.

5 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, frogdude said:

I annually add a tag "public" every time I make a note public 

I can then go through and prune public links every now and again.

Would love this to be automated. So I could automatically see which notes were potentially viewed or shared by others.

Colour coding would be ideal.

fwiw  A list of shared notes can be retrieved using search sharedate:*

This only includes notes shared via a public url

Search terms are documented at  Evernote Search Grammar

Evernote has some really powerful search operators. But it's a lot easier to search for items tagged public.

On a similar note, what's the advanced search operator to find all notes with a PDF? It's resource:application/pdf. Not the easiest thing to remember, right? So I'll select all notes, search for resource:application/pdf, and tag as "pdf". Much easier to find PDFs.

Same goes for Google docs. I'll search for "docs.google.com/document/", "docs.google.com/spreadsheets/", and "docs.google.com/presentation/", and tag those "google doc", "google sheet", and "google slides", respectively. Makes it a lot easier to find items.

It'd be great if Evernote let users setup auto-tagging rules to handle all these cases and make it easier to find stuff.

Re auto tagging - been using Filterize to do this. Also adding emojis, so stuff is quicker to find.

If Evernote bought out filterize and embedded all their features it would be amazing.... 

and cloud audio transcription, then it would be complete.... imho

• Level 5*
On 2017-10-12 at 5:00 PM, Al Sargent said:

On a similar note, what's the advanced search operator to find all notes with a PDF? It's resource:application/pdf. Not the easiest thing to remember, right? So I'll select all notes, search for resource:application/pdf, and tag as "pdf". Much easier to find PDFs.

You can set up a shortcut to a saved search.  Just click on the shortcut; you don't have to remember the search terms (I don't)

Archived