Export/print list of notebooks

Is there any way to print out a list of your notebooks, arranged by stack? I just want a handy one page reference, so that I can look at it when I'm using the @notebook field in email subject lines.

A

• Level 5

I can confirm that running "ENScript.exe listNotebooks > ntbklist.txt" (without the quotation marks) in a command prompt window created a text file called ntbklist.txt that listed all my notebooks. The order seems to be that in which they were created (!). At any rate, when I created a new notebook for test purposes, it appeared at the bottom of the list.

• Level 5*
6 hours ago, jefito said:

Don't use pipe ('|'), use redirection ('>')??

My bad - so long since I used DOS in anger that I forgot the proper names.  I was using '>' but called it wrong.  Thanks to both though for confirming it works.

@Dave-in-Decatur - with a text list my thought was that you can edit and sort it however you prefer.  :)

On 10/12/2016 at 9:57 AM, jefito said:

Don't use pipe ('|'), use redirection ('>')??

pipe will work. In a cmd window I just tried:

enscript listNotebooks | sort

and it worked as expected. You could then redirect that into a file...

"enscript listNotebooks | sort > file.txt"

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, dconnet said:

it worked as expected

Yep, you just need to remember to use pipe to send it through to another program (like sort), and not to a file. Didn't know what gaz was up to, so I was just taking a guess at the problem. Turns out he's got it, er, sorted. :) 

• 4 months later...

Sorry to resurrect old thread. I am using enscript listNotebooks as part of a script (based on https://discussion.evernote.com/topic/53536-how-to-backing-up-evernote-using-powershell/) to monthly export all my notes, organized into notebook .enex files. Paranoid, I know. 

As expected, listNotebooks outputs all the notebooks. The enscript documentation suggests using listNotebooks /t synced [resp. local] to get only normal synched versus only local notebooks. However, it seems shared notebooks are excluded from the synced list, even though they are included in the overall (no /t switch) list. Is this a bug or a feature? If the latter, what's the /t switch to get shared notebooks? I've tried the obvious, namely "shared" but that doesn't work. 

Thanks!

• Level 5*

Doesn't make sense. Non-local notebooks that are part of the account are synced by definition, regardless of whether they're shared to someone else or not. Looks like an ENScript bug to me.

Archived