Jump to content
nas

email notifications on shared notebooks or notes

Recommended Posts

Hello,

I am using Evernote in my company. I have a few shared notebooks and I want to be aware of any changes made or various additions to any shared notebook or note. A simple email mentioning that "user X has modified a note" (or a notebook) would be sufficient.

Does anyone know how may I receive notifications for any shared notebook or note?

Thanks in advance.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, nas said:

I am using Evernote in my company. I have a few shared notebooks and I want to be aware of any changes made or various additions to any shared notebook or note. A simple email mentioning that "user X has modified a note" (or a notebook) would be sufficient.

Does anyone know how may I receive notifications for any shared notebook or note?

Evernote doesn't have any notification features for updates to notes or tracks which user has done the update

The IFTTT service has a feature to notify if notes are added to a notebook.

Theres also a SureNotifier service that monitors changes

On my Mac, I can create an AppleScript to monitor a notebook and notify me when notes have  been added or changed.

Share this post


Link to post

Hello and thank you for your reply.

I checked IFTTT and SureNotifier but I just don't seem comfortable to share my login credentials with other sites or apps that I am not aware of.

I do not know anything about applescript (except using the pre-installed ones by Apple). I tried to find some info online but was unsuccessflul.

Can you share me yours if you have created it?

Thanks again for your help.

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, nas said:

I do not know anything about applescript (except using the pre-installed ones by Apple). I tried to find some info online but was unsuccessflul.

My script for daily backups is documented here

It uses the search criteria of any notes updated the previous day, and performs actions, including an email

Share this post


Link to post

Hi DTLow, 

You mentioned an IFTTT for getting notified of new notes. I signed up for it, but it only shows my folders, not ones that have been shared with me. Are you familiar enough with this to lend a hand?

Many thanks, 

Josh

Share this post


Link to post
On 2017-04-18 at 3:23 AM, JoshP said:

You mentioned an IFTTT for getting notified of new notes. I signed up for it, but it only shows my folders, not ones that have been shared with me. Are you familiar enough with this to lend a hand?

Sorry, it's not a feature I use.  I wasn't aware IFTTT ignores shared notebooks

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...