email notifications on shared notebooks or notes

nas

Hello,

I am using Evernote in my company. I have a few shared notebooks and I want to be aware of any changes made or various additions to any shared notebook or note. A simple email mentioning that "user X has modified a note" (or a notebook) would be sufficient.

Does anyone know how may I receive notifications for any shared notebook or note?

Thanks in advance.

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, nas said:

I am using Evernote in my company. I have a few shared notebooks and I want to be aware of any changes made or various additions to any shared notebook or note. A simple email mentioning that "user X has modified a note" (or a notebook) would be sufficient.

Does anyone know how may I receive notifications for any shared notebook or note?

Evernote doesn't have any notification features for updates to notes or tracks which user has done the update

The IFTTT service has a feature to notify if notes are added to a notebook.

Theres also a SureNotifier service that monitors changes

On my Mac, I can create an AppleScript to monitor a notebook and notify me when notes have  been added or changed.

Hello and thank you for your reply.

I checked IFTTT and SureNotifier but I just don't seem comfortable to share my login credentials with other sites or apps that I am not aware of.

I do not know anything about applescript (except using the pre-installed ones by Apple). I tried to find some info online but was unsuccessflul.

Can you share me yours if you have created it?

Thanks again for your help.

• Level 5*
3 hours ago, nas said:

I do not know anything about applescript (except using the pre-installed ones by Apple). I tried to find some info online but was unsuccessflul.

My script for daily backups is documented here

It uses the search criteria of any notes updated the previous day, and performs actions, including an email

• 6 months later...

Hi DTLow, 

You mentioned an IFTTT for getting notified of new notes. I signed up for it, but it only shows my folders, not ones that have been shared with me. Are you familiar enough with this to lend a hand?

Many thanks, 

Josh

• Level 5*
On 2017-04-18 at 3:23 AM, JoshP said:

You mentioned an IFTTT for getting notified of new notes. I signed up for it, but it only shows my folders, not ones that have been shared with me. Are you familiar enough with this to lend a hand?

Sorry, it's not a feature I use.  I wasn't aware IFTTT ignores shared notebooks

Archived