ATTACHMENTS How to Remove from My Account

dCote

How can I permanently remove an attachment that I already deleted from my account?

Weeks ago, I sent a image from my iphone to my evernote email inbox account.

I deleted it almost immediately after using it..

The image (attachment) no longer resides on my phone, ipod, or desktop account.  I have confirmed that the trash is empty and all devices are synced.

However, when I just went online (web evernote) and went to my profile Home > "My Attachments"  the document still shows up under my account.  As stated It was deleted weeks ago.

I've been googling for an hour and been through several blogs and see issues on attachments but it in this case,  I just want  to permanently delete an attachment I already deleted and not have it show up in my quota. 

It's taking up space for my attachment quota but it was deleted weeks ago but still remains.

"see picture"

I didn't even realize there was such a small attachment limit (500 kb) but regardless can someone show me how to delete it from my account. This could also be a security issue given I thought the file was deleted weeks ago.  

Thank you for your assistance in advance

my att.JPG

• Level 5*

Hi.  I'm a little confused.  AFAIK Evernote doesn't have an 'Attachment Quota',  or a 500KB limit on anything;  and I can't find an 'Attachments' tab under Profile in Evernote Web that offers anything like this sort of information.  You're certainly showing a picture file name (JPG) and a message about iTunes in that window and it seems to be an Evernote green...  Can you give us the URL of that page? (Don't worry - we won't be able to see information about your account.)

THANKS GAZUMPED FOR REPLYING SO FAST AND OH MY GOSH WHEN I WENT TO ACCOUNT IT'S SHOWING ME AS A BASIC USER BUT I'M PREMIUM - WHICH IS NOW A MUCH BIGGER ISSUE TO ME???

FOR THE ORIGINAL QUESTION HERE IS THE URL -

i GET TO IT AFTER I SIGN IN TO MY ACCOUNT

now it's showing 2 attachments???? - IN FACT IT KEEPS GROWING AS i TYPE THIS????  - I'm so confused?

https://discussion.evernote.com/attachments/

https://discussion.evernote.com/profile/167897-dcote/

ALSO - Can you also help with the Premium vs Basic Issue. I'm a premium paid user?

Thank you Gazumped

2016 now 2 attach.JPG

URL PIX.JPG

profile basic is wrong.JPG

• Level 5*
12 minutes ago, dCote said:

THANKS GAZUMPED FOR REPLYING SO FAST AND OH MY GOSH WHEN I WENT TO ACCOUNT IT'S SHOWING ME AS A BASIC USER BUT I'M PREMIUM - WHICH IS NOW A MUCH BIGGER ISSUE TO ME???

FOR THE ORIGINAL QUESTION HERE IS THE URL -

i GET TO IT AFTER I SIGN IN TO MY ACCOUNT

now it's showing 2 attachments???? - IN FACT IT KEEPS GROWING AS i TYPE THIS????  - I'm so confused?

https://discussion.evernote.com/attachments/

https://discussion.evernote.com/profile/167897-dcote/

Those links are for the discussion web site, not your evernote account

As to the account level, make sure you're using the correct userid; it's easy to accidentally open a new account

• Level 5

@dCote, regarding the attachments, as @DTLow said, this refers to any attachment(s) you've uploaded to one of these forums. (@gazumped, click on your profile pic at the top of this page and select My Attachments.) Below is a screenshot of the first couple attachments in my list. Note that on the right of each image is a link to the forum thread in which I posted it. But I don't see anything there about a 500kb quota; that remains puzzling.

EN forum attachments.JPG

15 hours ago, DTLow said:

Those links are for the discussion web site, not your evernote account

As to the account level, make sure you're using the correct userid; it's easy to accidentally open a new account

Thanks for reply DTLOW. I have 1 evernote account but as I now see it has several layers. I've always used the exact same userid since 2013 and did not accidentally open up a new account.I was a "free user" until July 2016 when I moved to Premium. - please see next message on this issue

1 hour ago, Dave-in-Decatur said:

@dCote, regarding the attachments, as @DTLow said, this refers to any attachment(s) you've uploaded to one of these forums. (@gazumped, click on your profile pic at the top of this page and select My Attachments.) Below is a screenshot of the first couple attachments in my list. Note that on the right of each image is a link to the forum thread in which I posted it. But I don't see anything there about a 500kb quota; that remains puzzling.

EN forum attachments.JPG

Thanks for reply  DAVE-IN-DECATUR  - I don't understand the 500KB quota either. It showed up all day yesterday but after signing in today I don't see the bar (6% used)  or quota comment in my attachments. ???? Very odd. Glad I had snapshots or I would have thought I imagined it.

The system (within the discussion / forum user profile) will NOT allow me to edit or delete "MY ATTACHMENTS". Essentially, I will just keep this in mind when I post to the forum. It appears if I use the image or document for the forum then it stays on my account forever.  That seems messy & a waste of space. Especially wasteful since all my history of replies and actual messages already show up in this profile.

I'm just going to assume this is an Evernote storage issue design and that "storage limits are on Evernote" and not going toward my monthly personal account.

Do you think that is a correct assumption - specifically all attachments are on Evernote and not counting toward my monthly premium storage allowance?

Since this is already long, can you review the next reply & question I have concerning the user id profile data

GAZUMPED, DTLow, Dave-In-Decatur

Thank you for all your inputs and quick replies.  With all things considered this may seem like a small matter but my PROFILE DATA AND SUBSCRIPTION - in my opinion should be consistent on all levels of Evernote under the SAME USERID. Currently, it's not. I  should be corrected by Evernote.

Let me reiterate the user ID IS NOT incorrect and in fact, the accounts (my WEB EVERNOTE ACCOUNT & DISCUSSION / FORUM PROFILE) are linked. 

Again, under my profile ID and as a new premium member it should state PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION instead of BASIC MEMBERSHIP as it currently shows.

I've used the same exact account data since 2013. When I upgraded to premium in July 2016 it should have changed. as well.  

CAN THIS BE CHANGED BY EVERNOTE?

MY ACCOUNTS ARE THE SAME AND LINKED UP

Here's how the accounts (WEB EVERNOTE & Discussion / Forum UserID Profile) are LINKED
1    When I sign in [by URL https://discussion.evernote.com/] and
2    Go to my name (upper right corner) and 
3    Use drop down & select from the menu list ACCOUNT SETTINGS 
       [PROFILE - MY ATTACHMENTS - MANAGE FOLLOWED CONTENT - ACCOUNT SETTINGS - IGNORED USERS - SIGN OUT]
4    And click EMAIL SETTINGS under the OVERVIEW heading the
5    System jumps straight to my Evernote Web Profile to Account Summary showing all my data as correct - including my premium subscription.
       NOTE: I don't even have to sign in as I'm already signed in to my discussion / forum user profile

So these accounts are linked but my "discussion / forum profile" is NOT consistent or up to date as my "real Evernote" profile.

Again, maybe a small matter but it's incorrect data under the same user id account.

Would a forum message like this bring this to Evernote (employee) attention or should I just over look the inconsistency?

Thank you for any thoughts in advance

SETTINGS.JPG

• Level 5*
23 minutes ago, dCote said:

Would a forum message like this bring this to Evernote (employee) attention or should I just over look the inconsistency?

You might try to enter a support ticket at      Contact Evernote Support   
- then again, its only available for paid accounts :)
This is a user forum, but it might be possible to attract the attention of our favorite goto evernote employee; yoohoo @amanda_h

• Level 5
32 minutes ago, dCote said:

Thanks for reply  DAVE-IN-DECATUR  - I don't understand the 500KB quota either. It showed up all day yesterday but after signing in today I don't see the bar (6% used)  or quota comment in my attachments. ???? Very odd. Glad I had snapshots or I would have thought I imagined it.

The system (within the discussion / forum user profile) will NOT allow me to edit or delete "MY ATTACHMENTS". Essentially, I will just keep this in mind when I post to the forum. It appears if I use the image or document for the forum then it stays on my account forever.  That seems messy & a waste of space. Especially wasteful since all my history of replies and actual messages already show up in this profile.

I'm just going to assume this is an Evernote storage issue design and that "storage limits are on Evernote" and not going toward my monthly personal account.

Do you think that is a correct assumption - specifically all attachments are on Evernote and not counting toward my monthly premium storage allowance?

Since this is already long, can you review the next reply & question I have concerning the user id profile data

I can't see any way to manage attachments on these forums either. But I don't think it's anything to be concerned about; basically, now that I'm aware of it, I will consider it "Evernote's problem." :)

I think you're right that this is a matter of the design of Evernote's forums, which are completely distinct from the actual Evernote system for taking and storing notes. It would have no bearing on your account there. Of course, I'm not an Evernote employee, so I can only speak from what makes sense to me.

As to the issue of your account showing up as Basic, not Premium, that's a more serious matter. However, if I'm following you correctly, it shows up as Premium on your actual account information, and Basic only on your profile on these forums. As long as the actual account info is correct, you should be OK. But you're right, the two should be consistent, and the inconsistency is a bit alarming. I agree with @DTLow: this is a job for @amanda_h (the Superwoman of customer support!).

Hi @dCote - The attachments you upload here on the Evernote User Forum won't affect your Evernote upload allowance, however, it is peculiar that you're being shown as a Basic subscriber. I don't have an answer for you right now, but I'll check with Geoff and see if he can shed some more light on this. I appreciate your patience in the meantime.

@DTLow & @Dave-in-Decatur - You're making me blush. 

l0MYsxZiDtc1wPHmU.gif

DTLow & Dave-In-Decatur Again thank you for your considered thoughts & push over to Amanda_h

and 

Hello Amanda -  Appreciate the storage comments and for checking into the other profile issue. Looking forward to a reply

Awesome - to see Actionable On Time Servicer in Customer Service:)

Blush-on with Boldness

Hey @dCote,

Small update regarding the attachments section. It looks like the only way to remove attachments from your My Attachments section here on the Evernote User Forum is to delete the post that contains that attachment. You'll then see a trashcan icon that will allow you to delete the attachment, with a second confirmation screen ensuring you really wish to delete it. Still working on why your account is showing as Basic in your forum profile, I verified on my end that your account reflects as Premium in our system, so it's a bit perplexing. Thanks again for your patience while I investigate that; just a heads up, since everyone is out of the office til Monday, I may not have an answer til next week, but you're more than welcome to reach out with any other questions!

Delete Forum Attachment.jpg

Archived