Copying Notes

Ezra H

• Level 5*

Hi.  Whether you're using the 'new' web interface,  or the old (if you have an option to change it will be under 'Settings'),  the only way to create a copy note AFAIK is to send a note by email - which is available to Plus and Premium users only. 

Use the Share button at the top right of the note window.  Send it to your own Evernote email address,  and refresh your web view.  A copy of the note should appear fairly quickly.  You may need to delete the 'always use Evernote' marketing blurb at the bottom.

Alternatively you could create a 'reserve' of copied template notes when you have some desktop time,  and move template notes across into your working notebook(s) as required.

There is a trick whereby you export a template to an ENEX file (again on desktop) and double click the ENEX file to create a new blank note;  but I don't know whether that will work on the web version... may be worth a try.  ;)

• 4 months later...

It would seem that it should be pretty simple to add a 'Copy to...' option in Evernote Web.

I am trying to set up templates, but have become stymied because the workaround above is rather convoluted.

As my desktop is on Linux, I'm limited to the web client (I've tried alternate desktop clients and the Windows client on WINE, but it just doesn't work).

I just can't see how it would be a huge issue to add something like the 'Move to' option that already exists in the web client.

• Level 5*
20 hours ago, JFowlie said:

It would seem that it should be pretty simple to add a 'Copy to...' option in Evernote Web.

Simple,  possibly - but the Web client is being replaced (again) and presumably Evernote won't waste resources updating the old version,  they'll just include better features in the new one.

If copy-by-email is no use,  how about creating a new note and copy-pasting the content of a standard template into the new note?

I didn't realize that they were in the process of updating the Web Client. I agree it wouldn't make sense to change legacy.

However, I hope they consider including such a feature in their rollout.

I can easily enough use the mail to or copy and paste approach. But I do know that I'll be less inclined to use templates that way. I realize that's a preference issue on my part.

Thanks!
--J

Archived