How Do I Delete a Photo in EN iOS?

• Level 5*

Running EN iOS 7.17 on iPhone 6+ on iOS 9.3.5

This is such a basic function, that I am astounded that I have been unable to learn how to do it.

How Do I Delete a Photo in EN iOS?

I have tried all options, and nothing has presented me with a button/choice to delete the image I have selected in a Note.  I have searched the Internet, and these forums, and have NOT found a solution.

Please tell me I am overlooking the obvious.  Surely there must be a way to delete a selected image.

Here are the EN iOS screens I see immediately after selecting a photo in the Note by tapping on it:

EN-iOS-7.17-Image-Handling.jpg

• Level 5*

May not be what you want, but if you touch the very right of the screen next to the image you want to remove (not in image x of y view), the keyboard should appear and you can backspace and delete the image.  Hard to hit the right spot on the screen sometimes but it will work.  Key is to press just to the right of the image.

• Level 5*

Thanks, Cal.  That is better than nothing, but far from ideal, and certainly not very discoverable.

When I tap on an image in a Note, it should offer me these popup options:

• Open to view/edit (this could be the double-tap default)
  • Cut
  • Copy
  • Delete
  • Level 5*

I just want to add a note why this feature (deleting photos in Note) is so important.

The Evernote auto-photo / auto-document feature is very cool when it works.  But all too often, it does not work, producing a photo that is flawed, and needs to be deleted.  The problem is you may not know which is the best photo until after you have finished the "auto-photo" process, and you are back in the note.

So now, reviewing the Note, you need to delete one or more photos.

But how do you do this?  Cal has pointed out the ONLY method for doing this, but it is NOT easy to use, nor is it easily discoverable.

Come on @Evernote!  Do your best to put yourself in a normal user's shoes.  Please make it very obvious, very intuitive, to delete a selected image/photo in the Note body.

• Level 5

Hi JMichael,

Thanks for the feedback. We'll look for ways to make improvements in future releases.

In 7.16, we made tapping on the edges of images in the note editor much more responsive for cursor placement.

To address your specific concern about the scanning feature and deleting images - you can do this directly from the camera. You can swipe an image up from the preview tray to delete. Alternately, you can tap on any image in the preview tray to view a bigger size, crop, rotate, or delete (by swiping up or tapping the trash can).

I hope this helps.

Cheers,
Chuck

• Level 5*
7 hours ago, cifip said:

To address your specific concern about the scanning feature and deleting images - you can do this directly from the camera

Thanks for the reply Chuck, but you actually missed my specific concern:

On 10/4/2016 at 6:07 PM, JMichaelTX said:

The problem is you may not know which is the best photo until after you have finished the "auto-photo" process, and you are back in the note.

So now, reviewing the Note, you need to delete one or more photos.

In the iOS Photos app, after you tap a photo, it appears in a new screen with a Trash can.  Why not follow this convention?    There is plenty of room at the bottom of the EN iOS screen to add a Trash Can.

Archived