Jump to content
  • 0
cifip

Evernote for iOS 7.17.2 Released

Idea

Hi all,

We released Evernote for iOS 7.17.2 earlier today.

This release includes an iMessage app improvement, the return of simplify formatting, and fixes our top crashes.

7.17.2 Notable fixes and improvements:

  • iMessage app improvements
    • Tapping the new native "Save to Evernote" button while viewing a shared note in the Messages app will now launch the note editor within the main Evernote app
      • Within the editor in the main Evernote app, you can save the note as is, choose to move the note to a different notebook, add tags, or modify the title or content
      • Remember that this is a copy of the original note shared - your modifications will only live in your account
    • Improved sender note list formatting on iPads
    • Settings > General > Show Notes in Widget has been changed to Show Notes in Widget / iMessage
  • Additional improvements
    • Simplify formatting has returned
    • Search highlighting in images has returned
    • iPad external keyboard shortcuts for inserting date and inserting time have returned
    • Copying and pasting using the Apple Pencil while sketching has been fixed
    • Fixed the crash that occurred when creating a new note while listening to songs in the native Music app in iOS 10
    • Fixed issue with generation of private note links
    • Fixed issue where changing the color of private note links on the Mac made them not work in iOS
    • Fixed issue where some ScanSnap PDFs could not be opened in iOS
    • Fixed issue where pasting content from other iOS apps into a note caused a crash
    • Several other crashes have been fixed

You can download the Evernote for iOS app from the App Store.

As always, please let us know what you think.

Cheers!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

18 replies to this idea

Recommended Posts

  • 1

When will multi select of notes make it to the application?  I can't believe that this hasn't been added yet as almost every other PDF application has this feature.  Especially with the iPad Pro being out for a year now.... I don't understand.

 

Is this coming soon?

Share this post


Link to post
  • 1
3 hours ago, Primolak said:

When will multi select of notes make it to the application?  I can't believe that this hasn't been added yet as almost every other PDF application has this feature.  Especially with the iPad Pro being out for a year now.... I don't understand.

Is this coming soon?

You're posting in a topic of feedback for a specific release.  I'd suggest you start a new discussion, or search for a similar request and add your vote.

You might want to indicate your purpose for multi select, for example Merging Notes

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

Great!

This time the update doesn't harm, and the return of simplified formatting it's a great news.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
17 minutes ago, Delfi R said:

Great!

This time the update doesn't harm, and the return of simplified formatting it's a great news.

 

We try hard not to inflict harm. Glad you're happy about the return of simplify formatting.

Cheers,
Chuck

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

 

5 hours ago, cifip said:

We released Evernote for iOS 7.17.2 earlier today.

Has this issue been fixed?

 

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

Applause re return of Simplify Formatting -- excellent work on that including fixing problems with the earlier incarnation of that feature.

FYI -- I decided a few days ago (upon hearing EN was going to include this in the next release) to upgrade my personal account to the same Premium level I use for my work account.

Well deserved.

P.S. One minor tweak to put in the queue would be to allow Simplify Formatting to apply to a selection rather than the whole note. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
21 hours ago, Bob in NV said:

Happy to have the new release. Now, if we could only have a larger font..

Stay tuned.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
15 hours ago, humanengr said:

Applause re return of Simplify Formatting -- excellent work on that including fixing problems with the earlier incarnation of that feature.

FYI -- I decided a few days ago (upon hearing EN was going to include this in the next release) to upgrade my personal account to the same Premium level I use for my work account.

Well deserved.

P.S. One minor tweak to put in the queue would be to allow Simplify Formatting to apply to a selection rather than the whole note. 

Thanks for the feedback and for upgrading to Premium!

Regarding simplify formatting for a selection - we'll look to see what we can do with this in a future release.

Cheers,
Chuck

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
22 hours ago, JMichaelTX said:

Has this issue been fixed?

Hi JMichael,

Please see my response in that forum post you linked to.

Cheers,
Chuck

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

My update won't complete - the circle goes right round but never gets to 'launch'.

if I click on it again it just starts over.

the old version still runs.

C

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
1 hour ago, csbc said:

My update won't complete - the circle goes right round but never gets to 'launch'.

if I click on it again it just starts over.

the old version still runs

I've had that problem before.
My solution was to delete the app, and reinstall
To delete the app, Go to Settings → General → Storage & iCloud Usage → Manage Storage, select the app from the list, then tap Delete App.

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

Thanks Guru.

it may have downloaded as later there was a blue dot against the dock icon, but the App Store says it has not downloaded.

I can't see anywhere in the app that give the version I'm running ...

C

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
8 hours ago, csbc said:

Thanks Guru.

it may have downloaded as later there was a blue dot against the dock icon, but the App Store says it has not downloaded.

I can't see anywhere in the app that give the version I'm running ...

C

Hi,

Sometimes the OS will have trouble installing an update - this happens to many apps in the App Store. I would highly recommend fully rebooting your device as a first step for troubleshooting as that normally fixes the issue. In your case, it seems to have remedied itself.

To see the version that you're running, simply tap the gear wheel at the top left of the home screen to take you to Settings. Scroll down (if necessary), and you'll see the version that you are running on that device. The latest version is 7.17.2.346774 (where 346774 is our own internal build number).

Cheers,
Chuck

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

Thanks Chuck,

i'd known the build if I'd seen to scroll down.

seems I'm not upgraded, but I shall wait to reboot [as I don't yet want iOS  until I am home in [old] England and not totally dependant on an iPad to find my way around New England!

Colin

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
Just now, csbc said:

Thanks Chuck,

i'd known the build if I'd seen to scroll down.

seems I'm not upgraded, but I shall wait to reboot [as I don't yet want iOS  until I am home in [old] England and not totally dependant on an iPad to find my way around New England!

Colin

Hi Colin,

Rebooting will not upgrade your OS (and I definitely don't recommend upgrading a device's OS while traveling), but it will clear some cruft that builds up in memory (from the OS and apps). Rebooting often helps the device just work better in general and will allow app updates get "unstuck" if they're not updating properly.

Enjoy your time in New England.

Cheers,
Chuck

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
On 10/18/2016 at 11:52 AM, DTLow said:

You're posting in a topic of feedback for a specific release.  I'd suggest you start a new discussion, or search for a similar request and add your vote.

You might want to indicate your purpose for multi select, for example Merging Notes

I thought this might get some eyes on it faster.   Done.  Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...