Course Organisation

Hi I'm new to Evernote but I'm looking to use it to organise my course paperwork: course structure details, notes etc. 

Currently it looks like this.

(They won't stay in rows like this) Row 1 is general course information; Row 2 has the module titles and whether they are Phys or Phil and then organised 01-02-... I'll add to these notes each lecture writing the date and the topic and then making notes.
These notes will be brief for now and will mainly be for adding links to sites that may help and to make small to do lists. How can I make it so that all to dos from various notes will come up in one search other than writing to do next to each checkbox?

Does this seem to be an efficient and organised system? How else can I use Evernote for organisation?

Thank you!

Just now, Muhammad Ali said:

Hi I'm new to Evernote but I'm looking to use it to organise my course paperwork: course structure details, notes etc. 

Currently it looks like this.

(They won't stay in rows like this) Row 1 is general course information; Row 2 has the module titles and whether they are Phys or Phil and then organised 01-02-... I'll add to these notes each lecture writing the date and the topic and then making notes.
These notes will be brief for now and will mainly be for adding links to sites that may help and to make small to do lists. How can I make it so that all to dos from various notes will come up in one search other than writing to do next to each checkbox?

Does this seem to be an efficient and organised system? How else can I use Evernote for organisation?

Thank you!

Screen Shot 2016-10-03 at 12.20.42.png

• Level 5*
3 hours ago, Muhammad Ali said:

How can I make it so that all to dos from various notes will come up in one search other than writing to do next to each checkbox?

I don't find to-dos too useful when embeded in notes.
My solution is to use separated notes for each task.
They can then be viewed using saved searches based on tags, checkboxes, reminder date ...
- I actually only use reminder date    reminderTime:* -reminderTime:day+1 -reminderDoneTime:*
                                                             dated              exclude future dated     exclude completed

>>Does this seem to be an efficient and organised system? How else can I use Evernote for organisation?

As you pointed out, your notes don't layout nicely in rows

My approach would be to use a tag for each subject; some people use notebooks

I use titles to control sort sequence 
I use a prefix   - for the main project note
                        + for tasks

So, if you have subject Physics, all my notes would have tag: Physics 
A search tag: Physics would show these notes
- Physics Main Note
01- Module Note
01+ Task
01+ Task 

On 10/3/2016 at 3:58 PM, DTLow said:

I don't find to-dos too useful when embeded in notes.
My solution is to use separated notes for each task.
They can then be viewed using saved searches based on tags, checkboxes, reminder date ...
- I actually only use reminder date    reminderTime:* -reminderTime:day+1 -reminderDoneTime:*
                                                             dated              exclude future dated     exclude completed

>>Does this seem to be an efficient and organised system? How else can I use Evernote for organisation?

As you pointed out, your notes don't layout nicely in rows

My approach would be to use a tag for each subject; some people use notebooks

I use titles to control sort sequence 
I use a prefix   - for the main project note
                        + for tasks

So, if you have subject Physics, all my notes would have tag: Physics 
A search tag: Physics would show these notes
- Physics Main Note
01- Module Note
01+ Task
01+ Task 

This is really helpful, thank you! Instead of having each module as a note, I may make them notebooks

Archived