Images disappear

Ringsend

Hi,

I'm new to this forum, although I've been a loyal Evernote premium customer for 6 years. Last week while preparing an important lecture in a note to be presented in presentation mode, all of the images simply disappeared! It happened just a couple of hours before i was due to present. Nothing I did could retrieve the lost data. Incredible. I always assumed I was backing up to the cloud in evernote and that all my stuff was safe. This has come as a shock. Even more shocking was the attitude of Evernote. I appreciate that the guys who give assistance have a thankless task, but really this was more than an 'inconvenience' as it was described. I was told that the technicians would examine my activity logs and find out what happened. But I haven't heard anything yet.That's all i want at this stage as all the images are gone forever as far as I can tell.

I can see from this forum that his has happened to other people too. How can I avoid this ever happening again? The most bizarre part was the fact that there was no history of the note on either my laptop or my iPhone.

I've been a huge advocate of evernote for years but this has truly shaken my confidence. Does anyone there not realise the consequences for individuals when something like this happens. Universities are not interested in lame excuses about an Evernote failure. It could turn out to be very costly.

hace 5 horas, jefito dijo:

Are you on a Mac? Is your problem related to the following?

On the Windows PC, on the Mac and on IOS, and it has to do with pictures more than PDF... Notes sync empty, sometimes with annotations, sometimes just the title. 3 years work, and a Plus fee (very steep in Argentina) to lose almost everything. And the notes that still survive, lose more with every sync, so rebuilding them is not worth it.

I have had this happen; sometimes there is an icon-thing there that has no content.  

I use a workaround that seems more reliable:

Save the image as a file (I always use jpeg but I think other formats would work)

Attach the file as an attachment--this displays the image inline where you attach it

So far, the attached images do not disappear.

I have never had a PDF disappear.

Archived