why do images in wikipedia not display well with web clipper?

tonywang

• Level 5*

Hi.  Your Evernote link doesn't work for me,  but the web link does,  and when clipping the page I get icons in place of all the formulae,  which I assume is your issue.

The various examples are all SVG files,  which it appears Evernote can't process directly.  (Neither can my image editor of choice)

Evernote might be able to convert those files in future,  but for the moment I'd guess you have two options.

• 'Print' the page to a PDF file and attach that file to a note
  • Screenshot the page into one or more JPG files and attach those to a note

Hope that helps...

8 小時前, gazumped說:

Hi.  Your Evernote link doesn't work for me,  but the web link does,  and when clipping the page I get icons in place of all the formulae,  which I assume is your issue.

The various examples are all SVG files,  which it appears Evernote can't process directly.  (Neither can my image editor of choice)

Evernote might be able to convert those files in future,  but for the moment I'd guess you have two options.

• 'Print' the page to a PDF file and attach that file to a note
  • Screenshot the page into one or more JPG files and attach those to a note

Hope that helps...

Thanks gazumped, Pdf option maybe the best one for now .I found lots of people have the same problems months ago, but nothing improved, so  sad.

• 1 year later...

This works for me:

In Wikipedia, open preferences -> Appearance -> Math

And select PNG Images.

image.png.86b9cf3f75701de5f913b5c25fa99feb.png

When it is set to MathML with SVG or PNG fallback, my clipped pages have lots of missing pictures.

When it is set to PNG images, my clipped pages look just like Wikipedia.

Archived