Sets of Favorites

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, gcybill said:

I love Favourites feature. However..

My favourites are getting super long, which getting pretty confusing to choose.. and I would need different favourites based on whether I am at Home or Office.

Is this shortcuts?

fwit  My workaround is to use a tag (for example !Hot Notes) 

I include the tag in my shortcuts area instead of the notes,

• Level 5*
9 hours ago, gcybill said:

I would need different favourites based on whether I am at Home or Office.

If you are referring to shortcuts, you can have different shortcuts at home and work.  Go to Tools - Options - Synchronization and uncheck Synchronize Shortcuts.

Dear @DTLow and @csihilling,

Thanks for your prompt reply.

Actually I have attached an image.. but yet getting approval from Admin. Anyway, below I upload an image for your reference.

Sample of Shortcuts

In my case, I can bring my work laptop home or whenever I need to travel.

@csihilling: I'm not too sure I understand the feature. Is there somewhere a manual to use the synchronize at home / work?

Thank you,

Bill

• Level 5*
12 hours ago, gcybill said:

@csihilling: I'm not too sure I understand the feature. Is there somewhere a manual to use the synchronize at home / work?

I haven't tried it myself but there is an option under Tools - Options - Synchronization to Synchronize shortcuts.  Uncheck it on both devices and see if you can then have separate shortcuts for each device.

ScreenClip.png

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, gazumped said:

...or maybe allow more shortcuts and introduce notebook-style 'stacks'?..  (AFAIK there's still a limit on shortcuts of 100)

And start another debate on the depth of stacks???  ;) 

Truthfully, I like the idea.  Reminder searches in a drop down in the shortcuts bar has some appeal.

12 hours ago, gustavgi said:

I also like this idea to have different shortcuts lists depending on context.

An alternative would be to be able to link (or run a search on a click) to tags/saved searches from a note body.

Thank you @gustavgi, simple said "Shortcut lists depending on context".

I could not agree with you more, link a note to saved search(es) is a very good addition. As of now, I am still in favour of Google when it comes to search. And Evernote add-in also shows some notes depending on search term on Google ( 2 to 3 notes showing on the right side ).

I came across few Blogs mentioning how powerful Evernote search features, but still unable to leverage it regularly when we can not link the saved search from note body ( to include saved search in shortcut will mess-up my shortcuts arrangement ).

I do hope both features could be included together.

Archived