Email reminders from Evernote

Crewood

I use my Evernote programme to store lists of places I want to visit in different parts of England to photograph the landscape. Does anyone know if there is a way I can get the programme to send me an email reminder?

I have places listed in the notes and some of the places are best photographed in the Spring, Autumn or Winter which is mentioned in the notes. If it were possible I would like Evernote to send me a reminder by email that it is now "Autumn" and I should be visiting place "X".

Hope that all makers sense.

Any help or advice would be greatly welcomed.

• Level 5*
1 minute ago, Crewood said:

No, sorry I wasn't aware. Is it available if the "Free" version of Evernote or do I need to upgrade?

afaik    Reminders is available in all account tiers

• Level 5*
3 minutes ago, Crewood said:

When I try to drag the email and reminder buttons to my toolbar the programme will not let me do it. I hover over the toolbar but I can't get the buttons to stay there.

I'm not sure what toolbar you're usingScreen Shot 2016-09-24 at 7.45.52 AM copy.jpg

On my Mac, I just see reminders as part of the Note metadata

• Level 5*
7 minutes ago, Crewood said:

When I find out how to set reminders, how do they appear on my PC?

I'm using a Mac so you may get better answers from a Windows user

I use Top List view, and I understand in Windows you can add a column for Reminders
I don't use it, but at the top of the Note List, there is a Reminders section
I also use the search feature, for example     ReminderTime:day

Screen Shot 2016-09-24 at 8.18.32 AM copy.jpg

• Level 5*
3 hours ago, Crewood said:

I use my Evernote programme to store lists of places I want to visit in different parts of England to photograph the landscape. Does anyone know if there is a way I can get the programme to send me an email reminder?

I have places listed in the notes and some of the places are best photographed in the Spring, Autumn or Winter which is mentioned in the notes. If it were possible I would like Evernote to send me a reminder by email that it is now "Autumn" and I should be visiting place "X".

Hope that all makers sense.

Any help or advice would be greatly welcomed.

EN won't send you an email per note reminder, only a daily email of of all reminders for the day.  You might consider something like FollowUpThen.  After you register with them you send emails with the reminder time in the To: and the action in the Subj:.  For example To: 9am21dec@followupthen, Subj: Review notes for Winter photographs would cause an email to be sent to you on 12/21 at 9 am.  FWIW.

• Level 5*
10 minutes ago, Crewood said:

At the minute I can't find out how to use the reminders. I've looked online and it tells me to set the preferences but I can't even see anything marked "Preferences" on my copy of the programme.

You might take a look at this discussion

• Level 5*

Hi.  I have a system for 'generic' reminders - anything that doesn't have a specific date just gets the 15th of the month in which I want the reminder.  With your photo locations I'd actually suggest that you create some table of contents notes for summer / winter / spring / fall.  Have a note for each location with a 'season' tag,  and group the notes you have together in a ToC note for each season.  Set a reminder for each ToC note at the start of the season,  and do another search for that tag just to make sure you didn't add any more notes since setting this up.  Rince and repeat for each season.

As @DTLow suggests you could email the ToC note to yourself via FollowUpThen, or rely on Evernote's email system to deliver the reminder at the due time.

Archived