dtwhite

Task Manager alternative to Remember the Milk with Evernote support

For a couple of years now I have used Remember The Milk as my task manager of choice. My annual subscription is coming up for renewal shortly, so I wanted to see what other alternatives might be out there before I sign up for another year.

The "killer feature" of RTM for me has been it's integration with Evernote Reminders. If I add a reminder to a note in EN, it automatically becomes a task in RTM. I find this incredibly useful if I want to mark a note for follow up or an action of some type in a few days or weeks. I did try Evernote for a little while as a task manager, but it was a bit too cumbersome for that purpose, so I wanted to use something built specifically for task management. (Aside from task management, I use EN for practically everything.

Are there any other task manager apps/systems out there which work so seamlessly with Evernote reminders? Ideally, I'd rather not have to have to use some kind of intermediary like IFTTT, but something which has a feature designed to work with EN reminders.

Two other features I would look for would be the ability to add reminders via Siri, and an Apple Watch app, but Evernote integration is more important that these.

Edited by dtwhite
update post tags

9 minutes ago, dtwhite said:

Are there any other task manager apps/systems out there which work so seamlessly with Evernote reminders? Ideally, I'd rather not have to have to use some kind of intermediary like IFTTT, but something which has a feature designed to work with EN reminders.

Two other features I would look for would be the ability to add reminders via Siri, and an Apple Watch app, but Evernote integration is more important that these.

Could you identify the features you use in the Task Manager app?

Personally, I'm satisfied with Evernote for my tasks, but I know it's not full featured

I'd like better Siri integration.  Currently, I'm creating/updating notes via Siri > IFTTT > Evernote

Before I went all in with Evernote for task management I was using Todoist.  You might want to add that to the list of apps to check out.  I believe it has similar integration with EN as RTM does.

Yes. Nozbe offers the feature that you need, but in my opinion, the free version is quite limited on number of projects, and the paid tier at 10$ a month is very expensive.

Thanks for the feedback folks.

I went and checked out Nozbe, but it does appear to be far too expensive for what I need, though the EN integration seems decent. Todoist looks great, but the EN integration via PowerApp seems to be now broken.

In the absence of an elegant alternative, I'm leaning towards staying with Remember The Milk.  

I'm not sure but the last time I check Todoist did turned off Powerapp. Right now there's no way to directly integrated Evernote and Todoist. If you're on a Mac  though, you can just

1. copy press "option" and right click (or either order works)
  2. select "Copy Classic Note Link"
  3. paste said link to corresponding Todoist task

Clicking on a classic note link opens up the note directly in my Evernote desktop app. This works for me since not all of my Todoist tasks require supporting notes from Evernote. I usually attach files to Dropbox, which Todoist has direct integration with. 

I'd really-really wish for Evernote/Wunderlist integration, but there's no news on that frontier so far =(

• Like 1