Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'note count'.
Found 4 results
Evernote on Windows desktop counts more notes than Evernote on iPhone. Evernote on Desktop counts Notes (9949). Evernote on iPhone counts Notes (9819). The iPhone counts 130 less notes. What could be the reason? Shared notebooks? Online only notebooks? How is the count calculated?
Hi. A bit upset here. I was about to trash my Evernote desktop version, to reinstall it and help its speed (because it is now very, v e r y s l o w, especially when I create a notebook: takes minutes, literaly) I checked my Web version, and I started to worry. DESKTOP VERSION 9219 notes (877 in the trash, i do not know if they are counted in the total notes number) I do not know the number of notebooks (is there anyway to know this? I know it is close to 250, but not there yet, since I still can create syncronized notebooks) WEB 9045 notes (634 in the trash, same remark as before) So I decided to ckeck my iOs version, obviously. 9045 notes, 246 notebooks Any suggestions on how to handle this? Should I check notes count for each notebooks? Might take a day!
Hello, first time poster, new Evernote user here. But, as I am getting used to my new Evernote system (which is a sort of stripped down GTD I guess), I noticed that when I have nested tags, the note count total shows up as "(0)" for the parent tag. Is there a way to change this to reflect the total note count of all child tags? Obviously not a dire change, but one that seems simple enough depending on how you've implemented your tagging system.
I'm having an issue with PDF notes that I've tagged and imported via AppleScript. On the left hand tag frame, these new notes will update the note count, but do not appear when you filter by a tag. I have two work-arounds to have the notes display under such a tag: Open the note, remove the tag, re-type it, close the note Temporarily rename the tag and then rename it back The problem with these work-arounds is that I have to recognize that not all notes are showing before I can correct it. It doesn't help me with the notes I don't know are missing. This means that I can't trust that Evernote is giving me accurate search or tag filter results for note counts that exceed a simple visual inspection (~10 notes). Has anyone experienced this issue? Evernote Support says they don't support Evernote AppleScript-related issues. Anyone know how I can write an AppleScript to rename all Evernote tags automatically and then back? In the interest of full disclosure, here's the workflow: I drop a file into a folder that Hazel watches for new PDF/DOC/HTML/TXT files Hazel sends it to my Evernote import script AppleScript does the following: Convert all other file types to PDF Create the Evernote note with or without a pre-determined title (without uses the filename) Convert any existing OpenMeta tags to Evernote tags (This helps me get away from Yep to Evernote) OR Tag the PDF based on the filename using a list of pre-determined tags Trash the original Issue mainly happens with PDFs as original source file because I predominantly import PDFs It doesn't always happen It seems to only happen to certain tags, but not exclusively It's not repeatable with the same file. If I delete the note, import it again, the note displays under the tag filter properly. Thanks!