Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'memory'.
I've been trying to keep my Evernote backed up, and attempting to do so in multiple formats to ensure that I have something that can be parsed/imported later. With 4000 notes, including a large number of scanned images and PDFs, the current 32-bit Evernote application crashes when exporting all notes in "Single-page html" or web-archive/mht. It took me a little while to track down what was happening, but essentially Evernote is consuming a large amount of RAM during exporting those formats. The used memory increases until it gets to about 3.5GB and then crashes. The error messages in
The Evernote TILE VIEW made it possible to leverage my robust human visual system to search and recall all kinds of notes out of the 5,000 I have. In Jan, they got rid of that view. Why? In my view, Silicon Valley is filled with hubris and ego. New product managers always want to make a bold statement. They want to make a change. They make up some excuse and test it out on a few people. But I have something on my side. A cog psych degree, and the knowledge that our human visual processing system is over half of our brain and by far the most sophisticated and advanced system of our hu
98% of the reason I'm an Evernote Premium user is so that I can clip Web content in Firefox. While version 6.10.2beta2 works best for me, it and beta1 and 6.9.3 all include a dealbreaker: an increase in memory used until the browser becomes unusable and needs to be restarted. This memory grab proceeds slowly, even if I'm not actively using the browser (maybe due to unattended activity by Gmail, Facebook, etc.). Using the browser heavily makes the memory grab happen much faster. When I say memory grab, I'm talking about 1.5 to 2 GIGAbytes (according to about:memory) on top of my initial
I've been pulling my hair out for the past couple of weeks with a performance problem on my Mac. After only a few minutes browsing, the process "Safari Web Content" starts to consume all my memory - eventually leaving an 8GB machine with 7MB (not a typo) and the bulk of what's used is gobbled up by Safari Web Content. The attached screenshot shows how my memory ends up. I've tried multiple things - re-loading OSX (Mountain Lion), killing Safari .plist files, clearing chase etc. Finally (I perhaps should have done this earlier) I disabled my extensions (one for LastPass and one f