So I have created a new test note, and did so in full screen.
Per the first screen shot, I have removed any blank rows between the "names" on the tables and the tables themselves. There is one blank row between each table and the next table "name".
I then closed that window, and also closed Evernote. On reopening the note, full screen, I get the second screen shot, where there is now a blank row between each "name" and the following table.
So as far as I can see, Evernote has itself added an addition carriage return between each of those.
But if I go through all my similar notes, it is not doing it consistently. On many of the notes, it is leaving the "name" and the table on consecutive rows. On others, when I delete the blank row, Evernote reinserts it.
None of this has been copy and pasted, just typed directly into the note.