Literally 24 hours ago, the user interface for the web version has drastically changed.
Is this a real change or did I mistakenly activate a "new" or "beta" user experience?
I ask, because I do not like it ... at all.
Tags are now at the top, not the bottom.
I can no longer tag from the keyboard, i.e. type tag, space, type tag, space, etc. Now I have to click, type, click, type.
Padding space around bullet list items is all kinds of wrong ...
too much space between bullets
random bullets have yet more extra padding below
sub-bullets have yet even more extra padding
a huge gutter/gap between the notes/notebooks column and the body of the current note with no way to adjust, resize, etc.
I mean, honestly, the bullet lists are a mess. At a quick glance, my lists appear bloated, looking double or even triple spaced at points.
I just opened Evernote this morning to continue with some notes and I was slapped in the face with ... this. I don't know if anything else has changed yet ...
I have been using Evernote for a long time. Whatever is going on has "retroactively" affected thousands of my notes.
If this truly is a UI/UX change - and not a mistaken settings change on my part - is the kind of "snafu" that caused me to walk away from Evernote several years ago.
I've only returned to Evernote in the past six months, and this time with a free account. (I paid for years only to have "things change" to such a degree that I found the system unusable.)
I have always used Evernote primarily for project notes, project to-do's, and idea capture. Layout and formatting is critical for me. You break that, you break my flow - and it just broke. It sounds silly, but the last time I left Evernote, it was because they changed the rendering of the "divider line;" what was being rendered as a simple separator suddenly had new formatting rules resulting in divider lines "moving" and looking like title/body dividers. I formatted my notes to use a divider as both a block separator and a title/body separator; suddenly every use of the divider was transformed into a title/body format.
This time around, I hope it was because I accidentally changed some setting; I'm hoping someone will be able to tell me how to revert because I can't seem to find any option to do so. If this is a new UI/UX change to Evernote, we'll have to break up again. They cannot keep changing how text is rendered and expect users to continue using their service. :(