I have moved my entire live into Evernote and love many of the features of the product and I have recently have purchased an iPad Pro and pencil for taking handwritten notes. I have tried several of the note taking apps available. I have settled on Penultimate mainly for how it integrates into Evernote. I wish you could write in Evernote, but at least Penultimate appends notes and updates content in Evernote. I also like the paper template selection and am reasonably happy with the performance of the tools... The one exception being the cut tool. It leaves bits of the selection behind... However, I feel this app could be so much more powerful and still stay simple, which is also appealing. Here are my request:
1. Improve the cut and move tool (leaves bits behind)
2. Convert to text would be amazing. Recognizing todo list items and calendar dates would be out of this world.
3. Copy and paste text, images, documents and links would make this a far more useful "Evernote" type tool. Evernote is slated as the place to store everything.... Skitch, web clipper and Penultimate need to merge abilities. Taking hand written notes in Penultimate is awesome... Being able to paste/link related content would be far more powerful.
4. Speaking of related content... Sometimes I have multiple notes of the same topic and it would be great to be able to cross reference those files (they don't warrant their own notebook). I know this can be done in Evernote, but I am operating out of Penultimate, and using Evernote as a reference tool (only because I can write easily in Evernote)
5. Do away with Penultimate and give the power to Evernote. One stop shop for everything I could live with.
Penultimate with my iPad Pro has become such a useful tool in my day to day life, it has caused me to question my use of Evernote... When I need to use another program that doesn't update notes in Evernote I really get annoyed. I often do this when I want features that Penultimate does not. I've begun to look at other systems that can do and house all my needs. I would prefer not to switch, but as I move forward I might need to, if Penultimate/Evernote can meet my needs.