Please increase tags functionality for iOS devices:
1) We need *simple* multi-tag search.
2) We need auto-populate of tag names.
3) We need the tag library to reflect our desktop organization (e.g. order, nesting, etc), just as with Notebooks.
The iOS apps are horridly crippled without these functions in place.
Without them, you have only a few options:
1) Do without multi-tag filtering... Do you have something tagged for a person AND as an agenda item (something to talk about next time you see that person)? Too bad, you can only pull up EVERYTHING for that person, which may include years of emails, mtg notes, etc. OR you can pull up EVERYTHING tagged as "agenda", thus including large numbers of items irrelevant to who you are actually standing with. Insert your own example of useful multi-characteristic filtering, then accept that you can't accomplish them.
2) Utilize saved searches... This works perfectly, but causes, as it has caused with my Evernote, your Shortcut list to become monstrously long defeating to some degree the idea of a "shortcut list". In the end, you choose a few definitely needed multi-tag searches and resign yourself to option #1 above for most things.
3) Attempt to use complicated boolean search strings... This works in a highly non-intuitive way AND requires you to remember the exact wording of your desired tags, often difficult in situations where you are looking for a person for instance and don't remember if you listed them as Dan or Daniel. If you utilize an extensive tag list (a strength of the desktop Evernote applications) this works almost never, thus you resort to a few items under option #2, and mostly surrender to option #1.
It seems quite strange that this is an unavailable functionality, especially because of how many people tell me it WAS available prior to 2011/2012. It's a very frustrating situation which is crippling the usability of the iOS apps for easy daily use.
Please fix, or at least give us some idea of why this oft asked for functionality is still unavailable.