Jump to content

Leaderboard

Popular Content

Showing content with the highest reputation on 10/31/2020 in all areas

  1. From my personal observation, reaction time is moving upward since the first release of EN v10, which was the iOS client. Probably EN support is currently not among the „great places to work“. Beside the possibility to issue a support ticket there is an option „Send feedback“ at the very bottom of the left side panel. Probably we should reserve the support tickets for those who urgently need them, and use the feedback-option for cases not in need of immediate support.
    1 point
  2. A few days , after 10 years of subscriber ship, I finally gave up and moved my database to Apple Notes (an option for me because I have only Apple devices) What did I learn? 1. It was amazingly easy. I exported my Evernote notebooks, one notebook at a time to ENEX files on my iMac desktop. I then clicked import in Apple Notes and they uploaded almost instantly. I then moved the notes to appropriately named folders in Notes and ... done. Several thousand notes to me a half hour. It then took another 30 minutes for everything to upload to iCloud so that they are accessible on all my devic
    1 point
  3. For myself, I have good reasons for having Evernote Legacy installed Can you explain the benefits of having Evernote 10 installed?
    1 point
  4. @itharaju Thanks. I downloaded Legacy and did this as well and it works. It's still stupid that we need to have 2 software installed and toggle between them. I am 99.99% sure this can be resolved in half an hour by a developer. Simply by removing the validation for the field, so that it will allow you to modify it as you wish (as it's been for years). But I have the feeling it will take months. I hate to say it, but after about 7 years of using Evernote I've started to look at alternatives.
    1 point
  5. I just join this forum to voice my discontent and shock with this new version 10 . This version should not have been released. Sync button missing No access to preferences Shocking management the window real estate Thank god I could remove it and install the version 6.25. If Evernote continues with the version 10 I will need to look for a new product.
    1 point
  6. I think it is probably useful for 95% of the users, except... EN management forgets that they are paid by the remaining 5%
    1 point
  7. Working with tabs is one of Evernote's core strengths and is essential for working efficiently and effectively. For me, the decision was immediate - I have gone back to the previous version so I can use tabs again. Nothing in version 10 will convince me to upgrade until tabs are hopefully included as a feature but are not listed on this page as a notable feature to be implement: https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/360047889214. Think about it. If you upgraded to a new version of your favorite web browser with no clue that it does not support tabs, what would be your reaction? Most like
    1 point
  8. I would suggest adding Evernote as a column to this table, as that is what we're actually comparing all the others to. Right? As a side note, I'm hugely disappointed in the V10 of Evernote, but recently paid for my annual subscription. I'm going to be watching all these comparison threads closely and if Evernote doesn't come up to at least the same level of features, reliability, speed, etc as the other higher-ranked options within a few months, I probably will jump ship, too. This breaks my heart, as I was once an Evernote evangelist to friends, family members, and co-workers. Now
    1 point
  9. I hope Francesco D'Alessio is aware. There are a lot of die-hard users (me included) who can't believe what Evernote have done here. Notion - I thought it did have offline @MarcSant? But currently no hidden OCR index behind images OneNote - no ootb tags which makes searching harder for me. It has OCR though Roam - ain't cheap... Airtable - more structured information rather than freeform writing? Awful for me to be talking about moving off Evernote after 12 years, but this release is forcing my hand.
    1 point
  10. This is quite critical. If this feature is not available, I believe it is not a good "cross platform" note taking app. Plus, you guys are trying to go into business users. This feature is critical to use the app to work every day like I do for my consultant jobs. I believe it will will be a great news if you enhance the feature.
    1 point
×
×
  • Create New...