Evernote is blank

• Level 5*
12 hours ago, Aikiwolf said:

My evernote program on windows is blank.  I can see all the notebooks and even the number of notes in them, but when I click on them I get nothing but a blank screen.  Restarted the program but the problem persists.  

Is this just a device problem
Can you log into the web platform (www.evernote.com) and verify your notes are intact

I don't spend a lot of time troubleshooting my devices.  My solutions are

1. Reboot your device, this often solves the problem
  2. Delete the app and database; Reinstall the app and let the database be rebuilt from the servers
    Warning: The rebuild doesn't include local notebooks or unsynced notes
10 hours ago, gazumped said:

Hi.  Is this a new install or a new update?  Have you ever been able to see your note contents on this device?  If so,  what was changed before the content disappeared?

It's been installed for a while, updated fairly recently, (but well before the problem revealed itself)  It's on my desktop and yes, I use it quite often from here (along with iPhone) 

10 hours ago, DTLow said:

Is this just a device problem
Can you log into the web platform (www.evernote.com) and verify your notes are intact

I don't spend a lot of time troubleshooting my devices.  My solutions are

1. Reboot your device, this often solves the problem
  2. Delete the app and database; Reinstall the app and let the database be rebuilt from the servers
    Warning: The rebuild doesn't include local notebooks or unsynced notes

It's working perfectly from my iPhone so the data is intact, it's just not available on the windows desktop application.  Everything shows up fine on when I log into the website from a browser as well.

• Level 5*
10 minutes ago, Aikiwolf said:

It's working perfectly from my iPhone so the data is intact, it's just not available on the windows desktop application.  Everything shows up fine on when I log into the website from a browser as well.

I don't spend a lot of time troubleshooting my devices.  My solutions are:

1. Reboot the device; this often solves the problem
  2. Delete the app and database; Reinstall the app and let the database be rebuilt from the servers.  Warning: the rebuild will not include local notebooks or unsynced notes
On 9/22/2016 at 5:29 PM, Aikiwolf said:

It kind of sounds as though you've hidden some views... F11 will toggle the note list view. Ctrl+F11 will toggle the Note view (these can also be seen in the 'View' menu.

On 9/26/2016 at 8:28 AM, dconnet said:

It kind of sounds as though you've hidden some views... F11 will toggle the note list view. Ctrl+F11 will toggle the Note view (these can also be seen in the 'View' menu.

This was the cause.  Thank you dconnet.

• 2 years later...

Archived