Trading Journal - Options

JasonT

I am using Evernote as a trading journal, most specifically for options trades.  Currently, I add screenshots, and compose why I entered and exited a trade.  The ability to compile and track data related to the trades would help maximize the use of Evernote as a trading journal.  How might it be possible to compile data from each trade and compute various performance metrics within a notebook?

Thanks for the help

• Level 5*

Not really possible within EN, no arithmetic capabilities at all.  Probably better suited in Excel or the like. 

You can,however, put a link in an Excel spreadsheet to the note which has the screenshot and any of the data.  But the manipulation of the data can't be done in EN.

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Level 5*
19 hours ago, traceytrades said:

How would you create the link in Excel to the Evernote note?

In Windows, right click on the note and hold the Ctrl key while selecting Copy Note Link.  Then paste the link choosing Keep Source Formatting into the cell you want in  Then when you click on the link in Excel you should be transferred to the note in EN..

• Like 2
  • 3 years later...

It will sound very stupid and funny, but I used to write down all my transactions in a notebook and calculated profit there. It seems to me that I was the oldest fashioned trader :)I tried using Evernote, but I really dislike its interface. In addition, the application often crashes. Do only I have such problem? In the end, I started looking for other alternatives because it was very inconvenient to keep statistics. After a long search, I found the great tool to use when determining leverage and an online notebook to record all transactions. It was very convenient and now I could concentrate on trading immediately.