Allow Search Results to Default to All Notebooks

When searching in Evernote for Windows 10, the default result set is always limited to the current, active notebook.

Thus, if I want to see results across all notebooks--which I do, most of the time--I need to select "All Notebooks," which takes time.

It would be great to be able to choose the default behavior in the search settings: Either "Current Notebook" or "All Notebooks."

Thank you!

On 21/09/2016 at 8:44 PM, Jpm109 said:

When searching in Evernote for Windows 10, the default result set is always limited to the current, active notebook.

Thus, if I want to see results across all notebooks--which I do, most of the time--I need to select "All Notebooks," which takes time.

It would be great to be able to choose the default behavior in the search settings: Either "Current Notebook" or "All Notebooks."

Thank you!

There are 2 ways to accomplish this:

1. Click Notebooks from the sidebar, then click into the search box. 2 clicks, hands leave keyboard and return. 
  2. Press F6 (Windows, Mac may vary), then type your search. 0 clicks, hands stay on keyboard. 
  • Level 5*

F6 FTW!

Note that the behavior of F6 is dependent on an option (Tools / Options / Search / "Clear context on Search": if that's checked, then F6 will result in an All Notebooks search; if it's not, then F6 will keep the current notebook and tags selection, allowing the user to refine their current search. I believe that Shift+F6 always clears the search context, regardless of the setting, so you then have the ability to use either when the option is unchecked. They're both useful options.

Archived