(Archived) Workflow Suggestion

regression

Hello, I am hoping someone has a method I can use to accomplish something....

Sometimes I am browsing a website on my phone (HTC Hero / Android 1.5) and I want to save the page in EN. For example, I am reading a blog post and want to go back to it later. I could copy the URL, go to my email client on my phone and send the URL to EN (and even specify a notebook / tag!), but that does not copy the article / webpage itself.

It would be great to send EN a URL and have it go and take a snapshot of the webpage at that point in time and create a note out of it. If that could be automated, that would be even better. I thought I ran across a website that did this for you. IE, you gave it a URL and it would send you a PDF (I think) file of the web page.

Does anyone know of a way to do this either with EN by itself or with EN + a 3rd party website?

Doing the above on my PC is very simple (ie, go to the web page / select all / copy / paste into EN), but sometimes I want to accomplish the same thing when I am just on my phone.

Thanks for any ideas or suggestions.

enberg,

love the new share-function in the beta, but where is saved searches??

I am using evernote as both a note storage and gtd-system, and were using saved search for @location lists, i hope it is coming back soon?

I would prefer if there was a saved searches-button somewhere on the main screen, which would save a couple of clicks and maybe make me use the app more often.

And I don't see the point with the "Notes" button in the menu, isn't that exactly the same as hitting search without typing anything?

Thanks. I wasn't aware of the Android beta, I was using the version from the Market. I installed the beta and now I see the share link from the stock browser on my Hero. That does make it easier to save URL's. Is it possible to save the webpage text in the note instead of just the URL? I realize that isn't always a simple thing (with all the special formatting), but thought I'd throw out the question.....

Thanks.

Thanks for the feedback. I think that the Android browser's "Share" function only gives us the URL (not all of the content), but I'm not 100% sure.

Android is a huge priority for us right now. I think that something like 2000 new people are coming to Evernote via Android phones every day, and we're planning to make lots of improvements.

Thanks

Thanks for the feedback. I think that the Android browser's "Share" function only gives us the URL (not all of the content), but I'm not 100% sure.

Android is a huge priority for us right now. I think that something like 2000 new people are coming to Evernote via Android phones every day, and we're planning to make lots of improvements.

Thanks

Glad to hear Android is a priority. Can't wait to see what is in the works for the Android client.

Archived