Email a note without the evernote invite requirement

LanGun44

I recently signed up for and then bought a premium subscription of evernote, so far I really like it but there is one problem I find to be a large issue. After I make a note I cant send that to my wife, co-worker, family with them first having to also go to evernote and sign up just to read the information I am sending them. Am I using this incorrectly? it seams like I should be able to send the contents of my note without the recipient being pestered to join my service.

• Level 5*
3 hours ago, LanGun44 said:

I recently signed up for and then bought a premium subscription of evernote, so far I really like it but there is one problem I find to be a large issue. After I make a note I cant send that to my wife, co-worker, family with them first having to also go to evernote and sign up just to read the information I am sending them. Am I using this incorrectly? it seams like I should be able to send the contents of my note without the recipient being pestered to join my service.

I'm not sure what you're sending out.  Can you send to yourself and then post a screenshot when you receive the email.

I can email a note, 

I can also create a public URL and send that.  Clicking on the url opens my web browser and the note displayed.

Sure this is what I am sending (using the ipad pro):

5khZHYN.jpg

When I send the file it looks like this to receiver:

uZChUAU.jpg

if I select "share" then "mail" on the ipad I get nothing at all:

zdRauOZ.jpg

And if I select "share" and "Outlook" in an effort to email it I get this long link:

rZOj0DY.jpg

which take the user to the "install evernote" overlaid on the note, the user can select the small font "open in browser" at the bottom if they linger long enough to find that, but I feel like the recipient shouldn't be hassled to sign up.

Can evernote not embed the note or a .jpg or .pdf of the not in an email?

• Level 5*
16 minutes ago, LanGun44 said:

Sure this is what I am sending (using the ipad pro):

Can evernote not embed the note or a .jpg or .pdf of the not in an email?

In your first example, the recipient is presented with three options
I believe the bottom option allows viewing the note via the web browser

You mentioned the share menu, which I use.

1. The first method is mail, which appends the note to the mail message.  You have the option of adding some text (you actually show the screen shot - the note is appended afterwards)
  2. The second method is Copy Link > Public which gives me the url to share via email

Archived