Convert note to PDF?

On the Mac client for Evernote, I could convert a note to PDF by right-clicking and clicking on 'Convert to PDF' (or something with a similar name) in the editor. I am unable to locate the option for the Windows client. I am running latest beta 6.3.2.3429. Please help me convert the note to PDF.

• Level 5*

Since the Mac OS has native support, this is easier there. In Windows, I think that you need to install a PDF print driver (there are many), and "print" your note to it.

A web search for "evernote windows convert to pdf" turned up this link to some prior forum discussion on the issue: https://discussion.evernote.com/topic/30211-evernote-notes-converted-to-pdf/. You may find it helpful.

1 hour ago, jefito said:

Since the Mac OS has native support, this is easier there. In Windows, I think that you need to install a PDF print driver (there are many), and "print" your note to it.

Yes, I did try this after looking at the earlier discussions. However, say I take a bunch of photos through Evernote camera and get them saved as a note. On Mac, I can right-click and convert the note to PDF which will give me a single page PDF (which is weird) but with all the photos in it. If I do the print to PDF through Windows, I get the title and other unnecessary data which I would like to remove.

Essentially, I am using it to scan a few documents at the moment. I know that Evernote has Scannable for iOS which can take care of it but I am on an Android device which simply saves the photos as a note and does not have an export as PDF option. I thought the Evernote windows client would have had a workaround but it looks like I was wrong.

• Level 5*

The workaround is to install a PDF print driver; that may seem like a bit of a cop-out on Evernote's part, but it also allows you to choose which one you want to use, as there are many. In any case, when printing from Evernote Windows, you should see an Options... button on print dialog. Click it, and you can remove any title, date, etc. display from the output.

15 hours ago, jefito said:

In any case, when printing from Evernote Windows, you should see an Options... button on print dialog. Click it, and you can remove any title, date, etc. display from the output.

Yes, you are right, I could remove the note attributes from the options dialog. However, I see that the scanned images are not optimised for the page width.

What I have done is to scan documents as different notes, and wish to keep each note as a separate PDF. Essentially one image per note. I would have liked it to save it as a PDF file with the image spanning the entire width of the page. I have tried it even in landscape mode but it does not affect the size of the image. Changing page margins only re-positions the image without affecting its size. Would you have any idea on how I could go about this?

13 hours ago, Dave-in-Decatur said:

I know what you mean about the title, etc. FWIW, with some PDF drivers (such as pdfFactory), if the pictures are large enough that the header prints on a separate page from the first picture, you can delete that first page and have just pictures.

@jefito's suggestion helped me remove the attributes. I didn't know that we could add headers (like those ones which repeat itself every page at the top) for notes in Evernote. I will keep this is mind when I add headers and try to save it as a PDF file or print. Thank you.

• Level 5
On 9/21/2016 at 10:18 AM, jefito said:

In any case, when printing from Evernote Windows, you should see an Options... button on print dialog. Click it, and you can remove any title, date, etc. display from the output.

Jeff, this will teach me to read all the way through previous posts before opening my mouth! I had a vague memory that this was possible, but I didn't think to look there. Thanks, I learned something!

Archived