Evernote not saving/creating insane copies

So I've recently tried using Evernote for note-taking in my classes this fall. My issue is that I'm starting to lose good chunks of my notes or I get 20+ copies of notes that show different amounts of the note-taking. I'd really like to nip this in the bud since I really enjoy the Evernote interface but if I'm losing notes I can't really stay with EN. Thanks to anyone who can help me out.

Side note: using EN on a Mac, if that helps any.

• Level 5*
14 hours ago, Rolyat said:

So I've recently tried using Evernote for note-taking in my classes this fall. My issue is that I'm starting to lose good chunks of my notes or I get 20+ copies of notes that show different amounts of the note-taking. I'd really like to nip this in the bud since I really enjoy the Evernote interface but if I'm losing notes I can't really stay with EN. Thanks to anyone who can help me out.

Side note: using EN on a Mac, if that helps any.

I haven't experienced problems like this.
Can you log into the cloud platform (www.evernote.com).  This is the master data version and you can identify if the problem is isolated to your device.

If the problem is resticted to your device, my trouble shooting solutions are

1. Reboot your device; this often solves the problem
  2. Delete the app and database.  Reinstall and let the database be rebuilt from the servers
    Warning: The rebuild does not include local notebooks or unsynced notes
  • Level 5*

Do you have a solid network connection when you're note taking?  Evernote syncs on a regular basis and breaking / remaking connections might be generating your problem.  You could set preferences to sync less often or only on demand and not sync in background.  At the end of each note session find a good connection and sync.

• 3 weeks later...

Yesterday I experienced this issue for the first time as well.  I was taking notes on the browser version of Evernote and the broswer blinked like it was refreshing and I lost over half of my note (roughly 500-1000 words) and over 100 incomplete copies of my note were created.  The issue repeated today to a lesser amount of damage on a different note. I agree with the OP that I love Evernote but I will have to quit using it if this issue persists. 

• Level 5*

Using a browser-based editor always has extra risks if the network connection is busy or intermittent.  If it's possible to use the installed desktop version,  the chances of losing content or gaining random copies is far less.  Or an option would be to use an external editor which saves its files locally - copy and paste the note content there,  edit as necessary,  and copy/ paste back - or just attach the changed editor file to a note.  I've lost posts to other services this way before now - so I always use an external editor.

Archived