How do I lodge a complaint?

bj nick

I would like to lodge a complaint with Evernote. How do I go about this? As with everything else, it seems impossible to contact them. I have found Evernote "support" to be so poor that I would wait literally days to get a response, and when i ask for help in getting started, the snooty support person says 'I only work with business clients, I don't help with deployment. Check the guides." It is literally impossible to ever get someone on the phone; it is not an option, even at the corporate office. I'm cancelling my Premium account in great disgust and frustration, but I would like them to know the reasons. Thanks in advance for the information. 

• Level 5*
38 minutes ago, bj nick said:

I would like to lodge a complaint with Evernote. How do I go about this? As with everything else, it seems impossible to contact them. I have found Evernote "support" to be so poor that I would wait literally days to get a response, and when i ask for help in getting started, the snooty support person says 'I only work with business clients, I don't help with deployment. Check the guides." It is literally impossible to ever get someone on the phone; it is not an option, even at the corporate office. I'm cancelling my Premium account in great disgust and frustration, but I would like them to know the reasons. Thanks in advance for the information. 

To the best of my knowledge Evernote has never had telephone support, well maybe for business accounts ... not sure about that but for Plus and Premium members the support path is to either enter a support ticket or use the chat (I think that is still available).  Also users on the forum are pretty helpful and will jump in with suggestions if you have any specific questions that you want to ask.  If you are looking for general getting started type of help, here is one place where you can start.

Hey @bj nick,

I just read through your ticket to get a better understanding of what's going on. It looks like originally one of our Customer Support reps was trying to help provide as much information as possible about the different Evernote tiers to help you make a decision about whether or not to upgrade your 30 students to a paid Evernote subscription. The ticket was then escalated to our Business Team, which I think is where we started to get derailed.

The Evernote Business Team is able to help get users set up with newly created Business accounts, but they don't help us troubleshoot issues or provide assistance with Basic/Plus/Premium subscriptions. I believe this is why you received an email alerting you that our Business Team was unable to assist you with your particular situation. I'm going to take the ticket and send you an email follow up. I apologize for you experience thus far, and will do my best to help get this rectified.

Amanda, thank you for the gracious note. I responded via email. At this point I'm just fed up. I'm sure that for "power users" who have a lot of experience with Evernote, that all of my issues will seem pretty basic, but I assure you I've tried and failed. I'm at a school with 1:1 ipads, we use tons of software and apps every day, including an involved LMS, Google Apps, and on and on.....last year I used Evernote w/33 kids and it was mostly fantastic. This year, I could not figure out how to get things right, and I could not get someone to even respond. The issues I had could have been resolved in a 5-minute phone call. So frustrating. The one thing I do NOT have is time to spend working out glitches and problems and endless delay getting help.

So- I'm canceling. I'll use Google Classroom, which is free and offers very similar functionality, and, I have district tech people who will help with it should the need arise. Thank you again.  

• 2 weeks later...

I would also like to contact Evernote. I have been a member for less than a month and Evernote has gone bananas. It makes dozens of copies of my notes and refuses to delete them by any method, I continually get a red band saying this note cannot be saved - this has now got to the point where I am sooo fed up with having to re-enter several paragraphs of data that I even opened a new second Evernote account and transferred all the notes to the new account via office documents, but that account started doing the same thing within an hour. I tried downloading the PC version to sync and it still had the same issues. I give up!! Although everywhere online says how good Evernote is, I have had nothing but problems for the last few days and can't waste any more time. I'm not doing anything weird - mostly using it as a calendar with info - typing in reminders, meetings, the results of those meetings, and purchasing with www addresses. No links, no photos, no clips. If Evernote can't get to grips with simply SAVING stuff, then it's pretty useless. And the lack of ability to contact anyone when this bug starting happening is frustrating in the extreme and has cost hours of my life. 

• 1 year later...

The fact that this topic exists at all is astounding. I have also recently discovered that Evernote's "support" system is one of the worst I've ever experienced. I have never yet been able to access the chat during the hours specified, and as I'm not yet a premium user, I'm not allowed to contact Evernote via email??? What other business simply bars all but their VIP clients from even contacting them??

I've come onto the forum in the hope that Evernote staff will find this post and submit a ticket, since apparently I'm not allowed to do that. My problem is that, in the attempt to sync an updated note from my laptop to my phone, Evernote replaced the note with the older version on my phone and won't allow me to revert to the earlier version. As this note was a transcript of a meeting, the information is crucial!! I've been considering upgrading to premium but I absolutely will not be forced to do so in order to correct a technical error. I'd rather transfer to a new platform, to be honest.

(I should add that my ire is directed purely at Evernote management, who obviously designed this situation with selfish business interests in mind, and not the staff who seem to be tireless in their IT support)

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, Ryeka said:

My problem is that, in the attempt to sync an updated note from my laptop to my phone, Evernote replaced the note with the older version on my phone and won't allow me to revert to the earlier version.

Sounds like you made updates on one device and didn't sync before editing on the other device.  Do you have a Conflicts Notebook?  If you do see what is in there.  You can sign up for premium for a month and check note history to see if the original is there.  No guarantees not knowing the sequence of your actions.

• Level 5*
On 2018-01-02 at 4:04 PM, Tmjdoc said:

I updated and lost all notes except on in 2016.

The first thing to do is to login to the web platform (www.evernote.com) and check the master copy of your notes stored on the server.

If the notes are on the server, you have a localized problem on your device.  This should be easily resolved.

Let us know your platform/device and you will get more specific advice

On 05/01/2018 at 4:02 AM, CalS said:

Sounds like you made updates on one device and didn't sync before editing on the other device.  Do you have a Conflicts Notebook?  If you do see what is in there.  You can sign up for premium for a month and check note history to see if the original is there.  No guarantees not knowing the sequence of your actions.

No conflicting notes notebook - that was my thought as well, but it seems that feature has been removed. I think I might have to upgrade for a month as you say, which is outrageous...

• Level 5*
46 minutes ago, Ryeka said:

No conflicting notes notebook - that was my thought as well, but it seems that feature has been removed. I think I might have to upgrade for a month as you say, which is outrageous...

To prevent this kind of data overlay, always sync when you enter/leave a platform.  This should keep the server in sync so you can't overlay versions of a note.

• Level 5*
On 2018-01-04 at 6:22 AM, Ryeka said:

What other business simply bars all but their VIP clients from even contacting them??

All accounts can contact Evernote at  Twitter @evernotehelps  

Evernote provides enhanced support for paying accounts at Contact Evernote Support   I don't think of it as VIP; just paying the bills

Evernote also provides these forums you're posting in.

Archived