Fail to load a notebook in an Android cellphone

Silvio Araujo

Idea

I create four different notes at my desktop and fill each of them with plenty of files. Three of them are ready to be loaded on my cellphone, but one of them can´t be seen there, just at desktop. Evernote shows an error message something like "We are unable to load the note at this device. Use Evernote on your computer to access it.". Sorry if I commit some mistake, because I use Evernote in Portuguese-Br, and I tried to translate the message back to English...

Well, this note is the bigger one, 112Mb, but I have a Premium account, so I can upload notes 200Mb if I need... And this is not a problem at desktop!

Can someone help me?

5 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

Hi.  Loading a 100+MB note over a mobile wifi or cell connecton is always going to be tricky,  especially if your device doesn't have much free space to store it -  Evernote's error message means 'we can't load and display it,  try on a desktop'.  If you need notes that big you may have to carry a laptop around...

18 horas atrás, gazumped disse:

Hi.  Loading a 100+MB note over a mobile wifi or cell connecton is always going to be tricky,  especially if your device doesn't have much free space to store it -  Evernote's error message means 'we can't load and display it,  try on a desktop'.  If you need notes that big you may have to carry a laptop around...

Thanks for your answer. But this is not a big 100+Mb note, but a note containing many files attached that totalize more than 100Mb... And sometimes I need to use one of these files in cellphone... And about free space, my phone have 32Gb total space, and more than 25Gb free! So, it´s not a space problem! I guess if there´s an Evernote phone client limitation over this limit...

• Level 5*

There's no client or space limit that I'm aware of beyond the note size and upload allowance restrictions.  I understand that the note contains various files totalling 112MB - have you tried putting one of them into a note to see whether that will download?  Then adding another...  You may find there's a practical limit of 5, 10 or more attachments per file to seeing it on a mobile device.  You have up to 100,000 notes in one account,  so it wouldn't be difficult to spread the files across several notes...

30 minutos atrás, gazumped disse:

There's no client or space limit that I'm aware of beyond the note size and upload allowance restrictions.  I understand that the note contains various files totalling 112MB - have you tried putting one of them into a note to see whether that will download?  Then adding another...  You may find there's a practical limit of 5, 10 or more attachments per file to seeing it on a mobile device.  You have up to 100,000 notes in one account,  so it wouldn't be difficult to spread the files across several notes...

I formerly said that I uploaded, at the same time as this one, other three notes, attaching multiple files at each one. This 112Mb note is the bigger one (holding 42 files), but the second is a note with 73Mb and 26 files, and this one I can open any file at the phone without problems... I prefered to organize these files in a logical way, grouping them by themes... Spreading them in more notes will mess my organization...

• Level 5*

Sorry but in the case of this note you seem to have found the limits of Evernote on this device and with that much content.  To download the note + contents,  maybe 26 files will work but not 42.  This particular note really needs to be at least two.

Archived