Upload Limit Question

Hi,

I currently have an Evernote Basic account with a monthly upload limit of 60 megabytes. I have a 63-megabyte file I need to upload into Evernote. 

If I have used 0 megabytes of my monthly upload limit and attempt to upload the file, will Evernote upload the file and then stop further uploads or reject the file itself?

Thanks!

—A new Evernote user

Hi @adihaya, welcome to the Forums!

The maximum Note Size limit for a Basic account is 25 MB, which is different from the 60 MB monthly upload limit. The monthly upload limit applies to the total amount of data uploaded to Evernote per month, whereas the note size limit applies to the amount of data that can be contained in a single note. The 63 MB file would not be uploaded to Evernote and you would receive a message stating that the file size exceeds the note size limit for a Basic account.

For reference, the note size limits are as follows:

• 25 MB (Basic)
  • 50 MB (Plus)
  • 200 MB (Premium and Business)

You can find more information on the system limits of Evernote here:

System Limits of Evernote

I hope that helps! Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

• Level 5*
42 minutes ago, adihaya said:

I currently have an Evernote Basic account with a monthly upload limit of 60 megabytes. I have a 63-megabyte file I need to upload into Evernote. 

If I have used 0 megabytes of my monthly upload limit and attempt to upload the file, will Evernote upload the file and then stop further uploads or reject the file itself?

I'm guessing you have a large file you want to attach to a note.

One option is to store the file externally, like in Dropbox or Google Drive

In your notes, you can include a link to the file.

You could also look at using a local notebook; they don't get counted in your upload limit.  Warning: Local Notebooks should be backed up.

Archived