Desktop version upgrade pop-up window frustration

Hello!

Personally, I use Evernote for songwriting - writing, editing lyrics - that is, so very often I'm playing guitar while singing along text I've written in a note.

My problem is this: I'd be in the middle of a song when suddenly the version upgrade window pops up covering a big area of screen (read:the whole note area) and throws me completely off,since i have to close it to proceed,therefore i must stop playing and start all over. 

Why? And it has been happening a lot recently. I have been patient, but this is it, makes me wanna destroy something :D

I understand how informing people of a new version is important, but could you please make a different implementation of this e.g. make it smaller, put it in a corner, make it show up as a small notification icon pop-up or just make it to not cover the note area? Or better yet, make it more of a under-the-hood thing, update automatically because I usually don't care about a newer version. 

And what the hell is wrong with editing mid sentence in this forum? Erases the further text as I type. :D 

I really hope you can come up with a solution.
Best regards.

----

By the way I'm using the Windows desktop version of Evernote, if I didn't mention it already. 

On 9/17/2016 at 5:35 PM, irish coffeee said:

Hello!

Personally, I use Evernote for songwriting - writing, editing lyrics - that is, so very often I'm playing guitar while singing along text I've written in a note.

My problem is this: I'd be in the middle of a song when suddenly the version upgrade window pops up covering a big area of screen (read:the whole note area) and throws me completely off,since i have to close it to proceed,therefore i must stop playing and start all over. 

Why? And it has been happening a lot recently. I have been patient, but this is it, makes me wanna destroy something :D

I understand how informing people of a new version is important, but could you please make a different implementation of this e.g. make it smaller, put it in a corner, make it show up as a small notification icon pop-up or just make it to not cover the note area? Or better yet, make it more of a under-the-hood thing, update automatically because I usually don't care about a newer version. 

In Tools --> Options --> General check to see if "Automatically check for updates" is checked. If it is, uncheck it. That should stop Evernote from notifying you about available updates. 

• Like 2