Lost all notes after OS X clean install

Hey everybody,

I've been using EN for a few years now.  Just did a clean reinstall of OS X El Capitan on my late-2013 MBP.  I did a Time Machine backup, and a manual backup of Applications before erasing my system HD for the OS X reinstall.  After re-installing EN, everything is gone except a couple early, early notes.  Am I SOL?  Would a Time Machine backup save my EN content?

Thanks in advance!

• Level 5*
10 hours ago, tomkelly said:

After re-installing EN, everything is gone except a couple early, early notes.  Am I SOL?  Would a Time Machine backup save my EN content?

You didn't say how you did the EN reinstall, but I'm guessing you reinstalled the app and let the database be rebuilt from the master version on the EN servers.

This should have restored all your notes, except for local notebooks and unsync'd notes

"Lost all notes" has been seen before and is usually caused because of using the wrong userid. 
Can you log into the web platform (www.evernote.com) and verify your notes.  
This is the master version and there should have been no impact from your Mac upgrade

It is possible to use your TM backup, but its a complicated process
- You want to avoid any sync process - I'd disconnect from the internet
- I would restore the database folder; locate the missing notes; export them to an enex file
- I would then delete the database folder and let it get rebuilt from the EN servers
  You might be able to avoid this by saving the folder before your restore; like moving
  it to the desktop and then moving it back

- You can then import your enex file

Stupidest mistake ever.  Your suggestion of "wrong userid" made me think to try my school email instead of my personal, and this was exactly the case.

User error!  All notes intact.  Thanks for offering all possible solutions to make me think differently about my situation.

Archived