Lost Notes

liamoore

I'm a little lost on how I can't get in contact with anyone.  My notes have been deleted, I've lost hours of work, and all I get in the help menu is 'you must upgrade'.  Why are my notes gone?  No I don't have two accounts I've only ever made one.  All of my devices show all my work gone.

• Level 5*
15 hours ago, liamoore said:

My notes have been deleted, I've lost hours of work, and all I get in the help menu is 'you must upgrade'.  Why are my notes gone?  No I don't have two accounts I've only ever made one.  All of my devices show all my work gone.

You didn't indicate a platform.  
I'd suggest logging into the web platform (www.evernote.com) and verifying your notes are truly lost.

You say you don't have two accounts but many users have mistakenly created a new account
Make sure you're using the corect userid

Finally, deleted notes go into the Trash notebook.
Take a look there and check for your notes.

I have it on my desktop and on my iphone.  

The notes are lost in both places

I do not have two accounts as I said.

The 'notes' you are referring to are there.  The notes I placed in the 'notes' are not.  Meaning I typed a bunch of stuff in a note, the note still exists but everything I typed is gone.

• Level 5*
57 minutes ago, liamoore said:

I have it on my desktop and on my iphone.  

The notes are lost in both places

I do not have two accounts as I said.

The 'notes' you are referring to are there.  The notes I placed in the 'notes' are not.  Meaning I typed a bunch of stuff in a note, the note still exists but everything I typed is gone.

So the notes are not lost, the problem is the content has been lost.
Is it just one note, or all your notes?

Evernote maintains a Note History feature.  It's available for paid accounts but it might be worth it to subscribe for one month to retrieve your missing data

Yes content is lost.

2 notes are like that, and there was a lot of work lost.

It seems very unreliable if the solution is to go to a paid service.  For all I know it can happen again in the future.  This is extremely disappointing, I'll have to find a new app if that's how evernote plans to run their product.

• Level 5*
5 minutes ago, liamoore said:

It seems very unreliable if the solution is to go to a paid service.  For all I know it can happen again in the future.

All I can say is that it works for me.
I have 8000+ notes, and Evernote successfully syncs to my devices.
I have lost content but its mostly because of sync conflicts and I was able to recover my data
In addition to the Note History feature, I also maintain my own backups.

Archived