iOS 10 Data loss when using widget

I just updated my phone to iOS 10 and installed EN v7.17.1. The app works well if I open notes the conventional way through the app. However, when I tried to access a note by 3D pressing the EN icon then through the widget I didn't realize it at the time, but it opened EN's local version of the note. When I synced I had effectively overwritten the latest version of the note that I synced from my mac. To clarify again, I edited a note on my mac, then opened the same note on my phone through deep pressing the app. After syncing the note on my phone, I found that I lost the work I did on my computer. I couldn't figure out how to submit a ticket, I hope this is the right place. Thanks in advance.

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, blou said:

However, when I tried to access a note by 3D pressing the EN icon then through the widget I didn't realize it at the time, but it opened EN's local version of the note. When I synced I had effectively overwritten the latest version of the note that I synced from my mac. To clarify again, I edited a note on my mac, then opened the same note on my phone through deep pressing the app.

Just to clarify, what note did you think you were updating on the iPhone.

To avoid sync errors, it's my practice to always sync when starting or ending a session on a device.

Did the issue trigger any of the standard "Conflicting Changes" notices? 

Are you aware of the Note History feature.  It's a paid feature but it might be worth it to recover lost data.

5 hours ago, DTLow said:

Just to clarify, what note did you think you were updating on the iPhone.

To avoid sync errors, it's my practice to always sync when starting or ending a session on a device.

Did the issue trigger any of the standard "Conflicting Changes" notices? 

Are you aware of the Note History feature.  It's a paid feature but it might be worth it to recover lost data.

Thanks, I was editing a note on my mac, synced on my mac, then I opened the note on my phone without syncing first on my phone causing the local copy on my phone overwrite the work I did on my mac when I synced on my phone

Definitely from here on I will be syncing before and after any action on any device.

No, it did not trigger any conflicting changes/modifications, and yes while I do realize there is a history feature I can't justify upgrading to premium just for that. Thanks for all your help! I just hope that the next update on iOS will fix this.

16 minutes ago, DTLow said:

I'm not clear on what the "fix" is

Isn"t this just the typical sync error

Maybe it's completely my fault, but I would expect that if I open a note through the widgets EN would download the latest copy first and open that instead of just opening whatever file is locally stored.

• Level 5*
9 hours ago, blou said:

Maybe it's completely my fault, but I would expect that if I open a note through the widgets EN would download the latest copy first and open that instead of just opening whatever file is locally stored.

Just to clarify about "locally stored"
Unless you have the note offline/cached, there is no local copy of the note;
The note would be downloaded: from the server  

The way syncing works is:        Mac <> Server <> Phone

So, possibly the problem was back on the Mac; not syncing after making the change

Archived