Can I use my Import Folder with Evernote Web

Miikey

• Level 5*

Its not an option, and i don't see how it could work.
To begin with - You'd need to designate a folder on a computer, and make it accessible to the internet.

Why did you give up your desktop applications?  
Its a greatly improved user experience, including the import folder feature

• Level 5*
21 minutes ago, Miikey said:

Now that I have given up all of my desktop applications of Evernote I need to know if their is a way to use the import folder that I used with the desktop version with Web only access to Evernote?

DTLow is correct. The web client doesn't know anything about your folders in your local computer's file system. The web client does know about your non-local notebooks, and you can use those as targets of things like web clipping, emails, etc.

You might also be able to rig something up with an online automation service like IFTTT or Zapier, depends on your use case.

Thanks for your help!, I use many web applications like filckr and tumblr that will read a local folder when I tell it to, thought Evernote might do the same. I think I can attach a file to a note and meet my goal, the file is a HTML dump of an old database that I used before Evernote.

I gave up all of my Evernote desktop apps because I have two portable devices that need access to Evernote, this uses up my free limit so all of my other computers use web access. In addition one of my portable devices is an IOS device and Evernote indicates no web access on IOS.

I was happy before the 2 device limit, now figuring out how to make it work with out paying.

• Level 5*
6 minutes ago, Miikey said:

I gave up all of my Evernote desktop apps because I have two portable devices that need access to Evernote, this uses up my free limit so all of my other computers use web access. In addition one of my portable devices is an IOS device and Evernote indicates no web access on IOS.

I was happy before the 2 device limit, low figuring out how to make it work with out paying.

Just to be clear; the limit is two simultaneous devices
You can only be logged in with two devices at the same time, web access doesn't count
You can use all your devices; just log off after using - make sure you sync

• Level 5*
On 9/17/2016 at 11:41 AM, Miikey said:

In addition one of my portable devices is an IOS device and Evernote indicates no web access on IOS.

That's correct; Evernote web doesn't work on either iOS or Android devices, as far as I know. They prefer that you use the native clients.

On 9/17/2016 at 9:47 AM, DTLow said:

You can only be logged in with two devices at the same time, web access doesn't count

This changes everything...

Will have to re-think my plan, thanks for clarifying

On 9/17/2016 at 9:47 AM, DTLow said:

After the above statement I re-installed Evernote on my win 7 desktop machine and was not running or using the Evernote apps on my android and IOS devices but still received " Your using Evernote on more than 2 devices" message on my desktop machine.

Both my Android & IOS device were not being used and were asleep yet still received the message, Is their more to this than I understand?

Evernote_no.JPG

• Level 5*
Just now, Miikey said:

After the above statement I re-installed Evernote on my win 7 desktop machine and was not running or using the Evernote apps on my android and IOS devices but still received " Your using Evernote on more than 2 devices" message on my desktop machine.

Both my Android & IOS device were not being used and were asleep yet still received the message, Is their more to this than I understand?

Your screenshot showed a link - Choose 2 devices
Click on the link and select the devices you wish to be active

Note: I worry about the "not being used and were asleep"
          I'd want to make sure I sync'd and signed out of Evernote before I switched devices

• 2 weeks later...

The infamous "spouse mode", I am familiar with it...          

Last Night I rounded up all devices that Evernote is installed on and leaned a few things...

1st

It appears that Evernote counts ALL installations against your two free devices, as soon as you sync any device with your account on the Evernote server it is registered as one of your two devices, if you already have two devices a new device will not sync. Last night my Win 7 desktop asked for a password to sync, I gave it my Evernote password and it indicated a sync error, I attempted to sync again and was reminded of the two device policy and offered an opportunity to manage my devices to delete a previous device, it did appear that I able to read the local Evernote database fine but would not sync until I deleted one of my other devices on my account, after deleting my Ipad device my win 7 desktop synced and appeared as one of my two devices (replaced the Ipad).

2nd

My wife unintentionally created an Evernote Account last year when I had her install Evernote on her work computer, I had to share our notebooks with her account to get her access to our database, this turned out to be a good thing, because each account has the 2 device limit, she has her Tablet & phone as her two devices and I have my tablet & phone as my two devices then we use web access for her work computer and our main home computer and because the notebooks are shared the database is synced with all of our devices. This will meet our needs for now, maybe someday we will pay (O-No!) Evernote to be able to use their system as we did in the past or maybe something else will come along to replace Evernote.

• Level 5*
5 minutes ago, Miikey said:

It appears that Evernote counts ALL installations against your two free devices, as soon as you sync any device with your account on the Evernote server it is registered as one of your two devices, if you already have two devices a new device will not sync. Last night my Win 7 desktop asked for a password to sync, I gave it my Evernote password and it indicated a sync error, I attempted to sync again and was reminded of the two device policy and offered an opportunity to manage my devices to delete a previous device, it did appear that I able to read the local Evernote database fine but would not sync until I deleted one of my other devices on my account, after deleting my Ipad device my win 7 desktop synced and appeared as one of my two devices (replaced the Ipad).

I'm concerned with your use of the term "delete"
Evernote maintains a list of your active devices, and this is limited to two for Basic accounts
To use additional devices, you revoke access to non-active devices on the list.
Warning - you should sync and sign-out when switching devices

Archived